• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Important Ski-Doo announces DELAYS in 2023 Delivery...

cubby

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
I'm really happy I ordered a 22 and got everything that I wanted. I feel for you guys that are going to get sleds that have to be altered from the way you wanted them just to get them in time to ride this winter

DITCHBANGER

Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Im not sure if that is real or not, or just a sick joke. Who would want a electric start if they ordered a manual start?
It also says different engine, thats a huge change.
I thought that as well, but the poster has ties to BRP. Always has info ahead of time.

NHRoadking

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Apr 23, 2012
Hard to imagine them doing that...
Doo has not posted an update in almost a month on their website page that they were supposed to update every two weeks, with information about sled deliveries.

I contacted customer service today and asked them to post an official update. We'll see what they doo.

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Doo has not posted an update in almost a month on their website page that they were supposed to update every two weeks, with information about sled deliveries.

I contacted customer service today and asked them to post an official update. We'll see what they doo.
In general.
No News is BAD NEWS these days
if they had something GOOD to report, my guess is they would seize the opportunity.
The international supply chain remains a MESS!

NHRoadking

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Apr 23, 2012
Here's the latest update from Ski Doo's website:

Last Updated : August 2, 2022

While it’s warm outside now, we know that the first snowflakes will begin falling soon enough which means Ski-Doo season is about to start!

Our goal and efforts continue to be to deliver all snowmobiles and accessories in time for that first winter snowfall. However, we continue to experience delays, and we do anticipate delivery delays on some units initially planned for November or December that will now roll into January.

In addition, due to continued supplier constraints, we’ve had to make some feature adjustments to select 2023 snowmobiles in order to deliver them to customers as quickly as possible. Summit Edge, Summit SP and Backcountry X/X-RS will only be available with electric start due to the limited availability of SHOT and manual start for those models. If you pre-ordered one of these units, your dealer will contact you shortly to provide a detailed update on your pre-order. We apologize for adjusting some of these orders, but this is the best option to get as many riders on the snow as soon as possible this winter.

Premium Features