• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Important Ski-Doo announces DELAYS in 2023 Delivery...

T
Oct 10, 2001
Spokane WA
My dealer told me that they show sleds with the 900 Ace turbo showing up in January now as well as Renegade Sports. All other sleds show expected delivery in 2022.

That is consistent with what Ski Doo says on their website about “some deliveries” that were set for November/December being pushed back to January 2023.
Fingers crossed......................

Teth-Air

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Calgary AB/Nelson BC
www.specified.ca
Disappointing to say the least.

Doo made much of the fact that they were going to post updates every two weeks on their website about order status. I emailed them when I noticed they were behind on posting those updates and not doing it every two weeks as they said they would. The result was a few days later Doo posted on their website that "some deliveries" would not be made until January.

On the one hand, the updated information is appreciated. On the other, it's kinda useless without specifics about which sleds they now know will not be here by winter. Tough to trust Doo when they go halfway to transparency. Especially after last year's debacle.
They said "every 2 weeks" but they did not say "which" 2 weeks.

C

caper11

Nov 2, 2008
Northern alberta
Out of curiosity, I went down to the dealer today and asked them. They had no clue about this update from doo, the guys behind the counter didn’t know when I showed them the info on the website.
One employees comment was, if they are releasing that info this soon, what’s it’s going to be like this fall???

jcjc1

Premium Member
Mar 8, 2019
weren't they saying the same thing around this time last year?

C

caper11

Nov 2, 2008
Northern alberta
Well look at it this way, I highly doubt they knew the truckers would be limited at the Canadian border like they are now with vaccine mandates, and the ships trying to unload cargo.
Even with the mandates suspended, a unvaccinated trucker still cannot get into Canada without scrutiny.

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Enjoy your bubble, your food and other household items (tampons, formula, more to follow) are about to arrive as timely as your sled, if at all.

I’m in no way a doomsdayer, but have direct ties to real world necessities we all take for granted.
Well, I AM a Legit Bonafide Professional Doomsdayer!
And the world we grew up in is for the most part fading away right now.
We will likely NEVER get back to 2019 product availability.

jcjc1

Premium Member
Mar 8, 2019
the date is june 11th of last year so brp did inform everyone of potential delays.
i knew they had announced delays pretty early on and an article from june 7th saying the same.

C

caper11

Nov 2, 2008
Northern alberta
That video talks about delivery delays with watercraft and off road sxs , quads. It doesn’t mention snowmobiles.
I went back to last year’s sled delivery delay thread and guys started talking about it around the end of sept. The talk of sleds being shipped without components started around this time last year.

jcjc1

Premium Member
Mar 8, 2019
the article from the 7th relates specifically to sleds.
also threads about this on dootalk and snow and mud from the 6th.

IDspud

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Oakley, ID
No inside information, just dumbfounded by the head up the assness of some of the foresight and awareness involved in this situation.

Business of any kind is the most volatile I’ve ever seen right now and guys are bitching at those who stand to lose the most.

Example

BRP isn’t receiving the parts and raw products required to maintain their livelihood, may cost them their entire business.

Whiner B on the other hand expects them to lick his wounds and pay him extra because his toy may be late.

They want y’all to get your toy worse than you do because it’s their future. Most the snow checkers will only put a few hundred miles on and move on to griping about next years sled and it’s delivery.

Who is really taking the hit?

NHRoadking

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Apr 23, 2012
If we could ride snowmobiles 12 months of the year, late sleds would be less painful for all those waiting for a new one.

The season is short and getting shorter every year, so every riding day counts. Hence the need for a backup sled.

C

caper11

Nov 2, 2008
Northern alberta
the article from the 7th relates specifically to sleds.
also threads about this on dootalk and snow and mud from the 6th.

I believe You are misinterpreting the info and the timelines. Those articles state that component shortages and BRPs commitment to delivering every sled. That being said, as I mentioned previously, info on sleds being shipped without components happened around this time last year. There was no statement released until the fall that sleds would be delivered late into the next year.

This year during snowcheck we had gauges discontinued, that info was last fall. Now there is a statement now stating that “some” deliveries will be into January, approximately two months earlier than last year, and no statement saying sleds will be shipped without certain components.

It really does not matter actually, it is what it is. Try ordering a Diesel pickup right now.

Premium Features