• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Ski-Doo and lynx rev engines at Jackson Hole Hill CLimb but the track doesn't spin?

I
Dec 26, 2018
I was at the Jackson Hole Hill climb and noticed that riders on BRP engines (Ski-doo and Lynx) would push a button or pull in the brake and rev the engine to warm it up but the track wouldn't spin or even want to spin. It also made a weird rev limiter sound that sounded pretty choppy. Does anyone know how what this is?

Stimpy97c

Lifetime Membership
Oct 2, 2014
Its not to build boost or do launch control on the hillclimb sleds. It is simply a warmup button like the RS. Unlike the RS, the mountain sleds still have reverse so the brake and reverse/shot button are held at the same time. The theory is to build heat in the pipe without putting excessive heat in the motor. Hot pipe/cold motor is the goal.

Twistgrip

Premium Member
Dec 11, 2012
I was at the Jackson Hole Hill climb and noticed that riders on BRP engines (Ski-doo and Lynx) would push a button or pull in the brake and rev the engine to warm it up but the track wouldn't spin or even want to spin. It also made a weird rev limiter sound that sounded pretty choppy. Does anyone know how what this is?
How did the lynx do?

Twistgrip

Premium Member
Dec 11, 2012
It's not how lynx did at Jackson. It's how did the rider do. I looked at the new lynx and doos. Really narrow on clutch side and so so on exhaust side. If you liked them before you should love them now.
Correct, what I meant was how did Jason Ribi do on the Lynx?

turbonium

Lifetime Membership
Jan 21, 2009
The procedure is hold reverse button and brake at the same time. It adds fuel to warm up the pipe quickly for performance.

Last edited:
Premium Features