• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Ski-Doo 2021 Reservoir Protector

Norona

Lifetime Membership
Dec 17, 2007
North Vancouver, BC
www.noronalife.com
Engineers never rest...lol. If that were the case they would fix the reservoir vs an add on protection.
You want everything protected but then compare weight? Accessories are around so those who need them buy them and those who don't , do not, keeps the sled light and base cost, better then previous windshields that everyone paid for and then took off only to eventually throw away, now that is a waste of money! Choice is always better than no choice and higher cost. Or would you do your job every year for less money but as the boss added more work?

S
Mar 6, 2008
Northern Sweden
I would prefer they brought the old zx-chassis reservoir/pump back. It didn't need extra protection. Aaaand if they go with an old enough version the clamp isn't so far inboards that it starts to ride on the bar bend when you try to fit it far enough in.

M
Feb 7, 2009
Wabush, Labrador
You want everything protected but then compare weight? Accessories are around so those who need them buy them and those who don't , do not, keeps the sled light and base cost, better then previous windshields that everyone paid for and then took off only to eventually throw away, now that is a waste of money! Choice is always better than no choice and higher cost. Or would you do your job every year for less money but as the boss added more work?

About the windshields.. When will doo take a page out of Polaris' book and let you order a low, medium or high windshield with your pre order? Also, more color choices are great too so we aren't forced to cover up color schemes we don't like with a 5-600 dollar wrap.

Ski-doo is constantly taking standard things away from their sleds in order for us the consumers to buy more accessories.. Its BS. I can't stand the money grabbing.

Sorry for shooting the messenger.. As a customer who spent close to $40 000 this year with Ski-doo, I felt like I had to make a response to your post. However I do agree, the reservoir protector isn't needed by everyone.

Norona

Lifetime Membership
Dec 17, 2007
North Vancouver, BC
www.noronalife.com
About the windshields.. When will doo take a page out of Polaris' book and let you order a low, medium or high windshield with your pre order? Also, more color choices are great too so we aren't forced to cover up color schemes we don't like with a 5-600 dollar wrap.

Ski-doo is constantly taking standard things away from their sleds in order for us the consumers to buy more accessories.. Its BS. I can't stand the money grabbing.

Sorry for shooting the messenger.. As a customer who spent close to $40 000 this year with Ski-doo, I felt like I had to make a response to your post. However I do agree, the reservoir protector isn't needed by everyone.
Ah , Polaris gives you colors and a windshield and an 840 two years later, ski doo gives you a short tunnel, shot, and a turbo, I will take the later. ?

C

caper11

Nov 2, 2008
Northern alberta
Do you have anything to say about the 'need' for accessories on ski-doos?

Nope, they are not needed. The beauty of accessories is a owner can personalize his or her sled as they see fit.
Yes polaris has different color options during snow check, but they dont have a turbo, or the short tunnel.
The best accessory in the doo spring check program is the turbo charged engine.
Sorry, you brought up polaris. They have alot of catching up to do now.

M
Feb 7, 2009
Wabush, Labrador
Nope, they are not needed. The beauty of accessories is a owner can personalize his or her sled as they see fit.
Yes polaris has different color options during snow check, but they dont have a turbo, or the short tunnel.
The best accessory in the doo spring check program is the turbo charged engine.
Sorry, you brought up polaris. They have alot of catching up to do now.

You dont need storage? That's an accessory in case you didnt know.

kanedog

Undefeated mountain clutching champ of the world.
Lifetime Membership
Oct 14, 2008
Ski doo stealing ideas from the aftermarket guys is taking money from their pocket. Surely skidoo has a ton of other accessories they can sell(bags, Linq accessories, belts, parts etc) instead of taking food off the table of Tki, Zrp and others.
It’s a pretty low move if you ask me.
No, it’s not patented or protected but there is etiquette and courtesy and general karma.
I am disappointed in Brp.

Premium Features