• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Ski dampener for proride/Axys with gripper skis.

gulfi

Lifetime Membership
Oct 20, 2010
Kiruna, Sweden
I've made polyurethane ski dampeners for the gripper ski. Just looking if there is any interest in them "over there"

People here in Sweden have had problems with them for years now.
Have made the wider and made after the "bottom" of the ski so they don't "pop out"

Attachments

• IMG_0132.jpg
    IMG_0132.jpg
    88.2 KB · Views: 291
  • 3D214704-0071-4D4B-B405-CE0E65CFA1AA.jpg
    3D214704-0071-4D4B-B405-CE0E65CFA1AA.jpg
    52.5 KB · Views: 271

gulfi

Lifetime Membership
Oct 20, 2010
Kiruna, Sweden
What are you going to charge?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I'm looking at around $45 for a pair.

The question is what they are worth, the "problem" is that I don't make them in big series yet.
So the price is going to be more expensive the OEM, but since they last a lot longer and takes more abuse that should not be an issue.

I live after the thought "one less thing to worry about"

Let me know about your thoughts.

/nisse

Brian101

Premium Member
Dec 5, 2014
Thumbs up!

The design looks great! If they are durable, it will be a five star fix! I've tried many different rubbers Such as ski-doo, C&A or Axys rubber with half a ski-doo rubber off to the side to bear some of the weight. None seem to last more than couple rides. They either get spit out of the ski or torn. Silicone di-electric lubricant on the rubbers is the one item that makes them last longer. I like the gripper ski just has a very poor rubber design.

gulfi

Lifetime Membership
Oct 20, 2010
Kiruna, Sweden
The design looks great! If they are durable, it will be a five star fix! I've tried many different rubbers Such as ski-doo, C&A or Axys rubber with half a ski-doo rubber off to the side to bear some of the weight.

Thats one more of the benefits with polyurethane, and why they make bushings and things like that for cars etc. they are selflubricating.

S
Oct 4, 2016
north pole alaska
yes our dampeners do the same thing and yes theirs a interest and need for them!!! how do we order them?{web sight/store/Ebay} 45$ isn't bad to fix a problem. how long/well are they holding up compared to stock?

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
……..
I'm looking at around $45 for a pair.

The question is what they are worth, the "problem" is that I don't make them in big series yet.
So the price is going to be more expensive the OEM, but since they last a lot longer and takes more abuse that should not be an issue.

I live after the thought "one less thing to worry about"

Let me know about your thoughts.

/nisse

How soon can I get 10? Or 20 lol
That's exactly what 20,000 Polaris owners need.

My sister lives in narvik, could i pay you and you send them to her?

gulfi

Lifetime Membership
Oct 20, 2010
Kiruna, Sweden
Thats My thoughts as well.
I can sell them through eBay, and other places. But since I'm "a see away" the best way would be to find someone who sells them for me "at your end" minimizing shipping costs and time.

And that way cutting costs for everyone.

So if you know of any dealership please let them know what you want.

Dec 5, 2015
Minnesota
I like them post up if you sell on Ebay, or find a dealer here to distribute them. Have you contacted any aftermarket parts dealers. Or manufacturers? SPI, Bikeman Performance, Straight line, there's lots of othets too the distributors like Dennis Kirk and such.
I'm sure they'd sell, especially if you could lock down distribution, and manufacture in mass quantities to lower cost
GOOD LUCK:juggle:

Premium Features