• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Site very slow lately

M
Jan 14, 2004
Site was running normally this am up until 08:45 then it $hit the bed again. Currently not working right again. Maybe turn off everyone's ads until you get this fixed.

M5

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Funny, reading all these post about the site being so SLOW. :lol:

I guess I was the first one to bring this problem to Chris's attention with an email I sent him a week or so ago. He promptly responded back to me the next day saying that this was the first he had heard of any problems with the website being slow and it must be something on my end and not SW.

There always has to be a first person that triggers the avalanche!
I am always looking at the hardware side of the equation as that is my area of responsibility and sometime fail to remember that the boarders of the forum are not under my control and subject to change without any notice. Wasn't till Saturday that I started to see real complains and then it spiraled up on Sunday and Monday.

As soon as they tell me its done, I will let everyone know.

SRXSRULE

Lifetime Membership
Aug 25, 2002
I sure am glad I don't pay to use this site. Its always something and it always takes way too long to diagnose and fix the problem. Pretty much the normal for the last two years around here. Eric

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
I sure am glad I don't pay to use this site. Its always something and it always takes way too long to diagnose and fix the problem. Pretty much the normal for the last two years around here. Eric
Thanks for your past vote of support Eric.
Lord knows, Its guys like you that make it all worthwhile!:face-icon-small-hap

I

IdahoMike

Feb 3, 2006
Hailey, Idaho
There always has to be a first person that triggers the avalanche!
I am always looking at the hardware side of the equation as that is my area of responsibility and sometime fail to remember that the boarders of the forum are not under my control and subject to change without any notice. Wasn't till Saturday that I started to see real complains and then it spiraled up on Sunday and Monday.

As soon as they tell me its done, I will let everyone know.

GREAT!! So why am I still seeing all these adds?? Seems like the guy that triggered the avalanche should get some sort of compensation :help:

diamonddave

Chilly’s Mentor
Lifetime Membership
Apr 5, 2006
Wokeville, WA.
Not now!!!!

This page just took 22 seconds to load. The typing issue is also a huge problem right now...

C'mon Man....enough is enough. There should be enough money now to hire somebody to fix this.

OR....

I'll bet member Zalez woud fix this in a heartbeat.

I'm currently on the worlds fastet inernetcnnection.

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
On our side the servers are running at almost no load at all.
We are blazingly fast right now.

picture.php

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Not now!!!!

This page just took 22 seconds to load. The typing issue is also a huge problem right now...

C'mon Man....enough is enough. There should be enough money now to hire somebody to fix this.

Its certainly not something that members are reporting by and large.
If this is a problem you keep seeing on your end, I really would consider turning off the ads and seeing if that solves your problems. If it does, then its a bandwidth issue on your end.

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
I wish I had some hint of why you are seeing a slowdown.
On our end, the servers are just humming right along.

A

AMAX

Dec 22, 2014
Pretty new here and love the content on Snowest while I have been freeloading and looking around, but its pretty slow for me. Having a hard time clicking the upgrade if its always going to be this slow. Not an issue I'm seeing elsewhere on the web with this machine.

I'm on a Macbook with Firefox 35.0.1 and/or the latest Safari it takes. Appears to run the same on either.

I get that ads pay the bills and never expect super speeds on ad heavy sites, but my machine or connection isn't playing well here.

Premium Features