• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Site very slow lately

Vern

Lifetime Membership
Jun 14, 2004
hyrum utah
been the same on my phone for the past week, to the point its not even worth trying to log in. i thought it may be my phone so i cleared a bunch of stuff off and did what i could on my end to see if it got better but nope, also all the other forums and sites i frequent are workin fine. im on my parents PC right now and it seems to be working ok though.

TJ427

Lifetime Membership
Feb 8, 2012
Bismarck, ND
It took 6 minutes after hitting reply to the above posts to concur that the website is obscenely slow about the last week. Hope it improves as the time it takes to look at a few posts is prohibitive.

C
Nov 9, 2005
Montana
Me too. Took me several minutes just to get on and post here about how terribly slow the site has been the past few days. I mean unworkably slow.

Between what's going on with the magazine it-self and the WEB site issues, is Snowest on their way out? Sure hope not! :noidea:

M
Jan 14, 2004
So I spooled up the same thread on the IPad and on the windows tablet. The iPad spooled up normally and the windows tablet dragged on and on. Maybe Microsoft did something in their last auto update that screwed things up.

M5

Vern

Lifetime Membership
Jun 14, 2004
hyrum utah
My phone is a windows phone, but if it was that I don't see why all the other sites I look at work but snowest is slow as crap.

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
over the last 48 hours e-mails have started coming in about this problem.
Clearly something is going on, but for the life of us we don't see it and all the monitoring gear says the servers are flying and still under a VERY MINIMAL load. So the slowdown makes no real sense yet.

Server Load Averages 1.88 | 14,327 Users Online (2,758 members and 11,569 guests)

Users should see NO performance impact whatsoever until we hit at least a 3.0 and really not feel much till its above 5.0 when we hit 6.0 then the site grinds to a halt.

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
SnoWest runs on THREE servers right now.

The Gateway Proxy Server.
Server load less than 5% capacity.

picture.php

Forum Database Server
Runing right in the 10% capacity range

picture.php

And the main server that powers the forum software and handles all the heavy lifting.
Running right around 20% capacity.

picture.php

TS Drag Racer

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Wa. st
It's taking about 4 minutes just to load a thread, this all started a few days ago for me as well. It's ridiculous, hopefully you guys get it figured out.....

R
Nov 15, 2013
SE Wisconsin
I'm wondering if it has something to do with Microsoft as well. Did recent updates to my home PC and it is NOT working right for anything. All of the problems started at about the same time if I remember correctly. Thought it may be a virus on my computer, but clearly many are experiencing issues.

sled_guy

Premium Member
Jul 5, 2001
Riverton, Utah
I've poked around looking at it from this end a bit. It appears to only be happening in IE, but changing to different compatibility modes doesn't make any difference. It looks like a delay in the ad server applet from what I can see.

sled_guy

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
I've poked around looking at it from this end a bit. It appears to only be happening in IE, but changing to different compatibility modes doesn't make any difference. It looks like a delay in the ad server applet from what I can see.

sled_guy
Will pass that along to the advertising guys at Harris right away.

THANKS.

SRXSRULE

Lifetime Membership
Aug 25, 2002
Posting from my iPhone due to the fact my PC take several minutes to load a page. iPhone seems to be working normal, 2 different PC, one on IE, one on chrome. Problem comes and goes, last night was working ok on chrome, today on IE I can't even reply. This problem started last week for me. Eric

D

diggerdown

Apr 25, 2004
Deer Park Wi.
Mines been out for a week now. The site is pretty much un-usable at this point. I've been able to read and respond to two post in a half hour!!! Good thing arcticchat and backcountry rebels still work so I can get my daily fix!
Keyboard does not work well when trying to type either, keeps stringing words.

Premium Features