• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Site very slow lately

89sandman

Lifetime Membership
Oct 16, 2004
southern oregon
Know when I post after I type the first few lines I have to type one letter at a time very slowly. Looks like Slowest is back:)

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Sure not seeing it on my end.
We DOUBLED the size of our primary servers last weekend to be ready for the full load of the season.
We have boatloads of unused overhead / excess capacity...

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Server Load Averages1.14 0.99 0.82 |
10,298 Users Online (2,265 members and 8,033 guests)

Server loads below a 3.00 should exhibit NO discernible reduction in operating speed.
And we aren't even close to that with only 10,000 people logged in right now

LoudHandle

Lifetime Membership
Apr 21, 2011
Valdez, AK
I've noticed that it acts like locks up and I have to refresh it just to get the page to load, all too often. Not so much today but the last week or so was ridiculous.

Mafesto

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Northeast SD
Maybe its you.?..LOL

It could be.

It could be my firewall anti bullshet ware.
If that is the case, that means this site has way more bullshet than any other site that I frequent because this is the ONLY site giving me grief.

When you look around here & see the overabundance of intrusive ads, it's obvious that there is far more data being shoved up our azz than we desire.

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Here is the hardcore proof of site speed and server LOADS for the last 2 weeks.

We are FLYING with tons of free capacity.!!

You can clearly see about 10 days ago when we rolled into the more powerful winter servers and load levels dropped hard.

Right now we are running around 30% capacity.
The servers aren't even WARM at that load.

PRIMARY FORUM SERVER
picture.php

PRIMARY DATABASE SERVER
picture.php

Last edited:

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
I've noticed that it acts like locks up and I have to refresh it just to get the page to load, all too often. Not so much today but the last week or so was ridiculous.

So based on our MINUTE BY MINUTE server tracking, I think I can honestly say its NOT coming from our servers.

As you can see from the tracking graphs, they simply are NOT being loaded up at all.

10 days ago you could have made that argument when we were bouncing up against the 80% load line, at that point some members WILL start seeing slowdowns.

But when the average load is in the 30% range, the servers are just cruising along.

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
It could be.

It could be my firewall anti bullshet ware.
If that is the case, that means this site has way more bullshet than any other site that I frequent because this is the ONLY site giving me grief.

When you look around here & see the overabundance of intrusive ads, it's obvious that there is far more data being shoved up our azz than we desire.

Turn the Ads Off then.
Thats will hugely impact your over-all experience.

S

skidoorulz

Nov 21, 2007
Billings Montana
Server Load Averages1.14 0.99 0.82 |
10,298 Users Online (2,265 members and 8,033 guests)

Server loads below a 3.00 should exhibit NO discernible reduction in operating speed.
And we aren't even close to that with only 10,000 people logged in right now

2265 members 8033 guests. Is that 2265 paying members and 8033 non paying members??????? If so. Doesn't that tell you something??????? And yes, everything that the others are saying holds true for me also. Have to type very slow. Even slower than I normally type. Have to refresh constantly to get to continue scrolling down while reading threads.

S

skidoorulz

Nov 21, 2007
Billings Montana
Turn the Ads Off then.
Thats will hugely impact your over-all experience.

But he would have to pay ransom money to do that! Pay, pay, pay. I heard that Harris is looking at adding a log on charge also. Just give them a credit card number and they will auto bill it. Any truth to that?

LoudHandle

Lifetime Membership
Apr 21, 2011
Valdez, AK
Tried killing a bit of time on SW from work today. Suicide would be more fun! Extremely painful / cumbersome / slow and problematic! It would not load threads once selected. You had to refresh every choice about a dozen times to get anything but a blank screen. Ended up X'ing out and re-logging on a few different times just to get a thread to come up. PC w/ Internet Explorer. And it was not a firewall issue as that software / screen / warning never showed up.

It seems to be excellent now on my Mac at home running Safari. FWIW

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
Tried killing a bit of time on SW from work today. Suicide would be more fun! Extremely painful / cumbersome / slow and problematic! It would not load threads once selected. You had to refresh every choice about a dozen times to get anything but a blank screen. Ended up X'ing out and re-logging on a few different times just to get a thread to come up. PC w/ Internet Explorer. And it was not a firewall issue as that software / screen / warning never showed up.

It seems to be excellent now on my Mac at home running Safari. FWIW

Which browser were you running when it was killing you?

Premium Features