• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Single tunnel rack @ position #3 or DIY Pelican case solution?

tomx

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Bellevue, WA
www.youtube.com
I'm looking to attach a Pelican style case to my 2020 Summit X 165 and wanted to use the back position #3 LinQ's. I was hoping to find a single rack that would work, some sorta plate, anything that I could bolt a pelican style case to, mount to tunnel to and use LinQ brackets for quick release. I'm not coming up with much. I did pick up a DMI single rack last year, but never ended up using it as it only attaches to position #1 or #2 where I already have a rack. Anyone done something similar? Any DIY suggestions?

T

Thielio20

Oct 6, 2018
Interior, AK
I think you can buy individual brackets that you'd fasten to the pelican box, or possibly find some on an old linq accessory like a gas can to remove them from. Should be as simple as lining them up on the pelican box, drilling and then you got it!

I don't know the part number but I'm betting your dealer would.

tomx

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Bellevue, WA
www.youtube.com
I think you can buy individual brackets that you'd fasten to the pelican box, or possibly find some on an old linq accessory like a gas can to remove them from. Should be as simple as lining them up on the pelican box, drilling and then you got it!

I don't know the part number but I'm betting your dealer would.
Thanks for the ideas. I was thinking gas can mount but looks like they only fit position #1& #2. I saw there's some universal plate, thinking that might work with a little modification. I don't care if it's pretty.

DUKHTR3

Lifetime Membership
Nov 30, 2007
I have my 165 position 3 drilled to match position 1 and 2. it's doable if u haven't already drilled the marks on the tunnel.

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

T

Thielio20

Oct 6, 2018
Interior, AK
Thanks for the ideas. I was thinking gas can mount but looks like they only fit position #1& #2. I saw there's some universal plate, thinking that might work with a little modification. I don't care if it's pretty.
What I'm getting at is you can purchase the fastners (link below) or use old fasteners from a different accessory and mount them to wherever you want on the bottom of your box to ensure they'll fit position 3, instead of them fitting position 1 and 2.

I've seen it done before.

Premium Features