• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Single Pipes

F
Oct 20, 2015
North Pole Alaska
Well long story short I smacked a tree. Looked like I'll be needing a new single pipe, I figure I may as well replace it with an aftermarket one. It's an insurance deal so I'll only be paying the difference over a stock pipe.
What I want is one that works as reliably as stock but with more power. I don't want to deal with erratic RPMS, check engine lights tuners, timing or anything like that. I just want to drop in the pipe/y pipe and go. I have a clutch kit that I can tune to the power gain.

Seems like theres only about 4 choices, SLP, Jaws, and Bikeman, and Dynoport. Which of these fits what I want?

wyox

Lifetime Membership
Feb 2, 2012
I put the SLP on my 19. More power but it puts out a crazy amount of heat. Even with all the heat tape they supplied for the installation and the vent kit I have melted the plastic in the nose cone on the inside and melted holes in the powder screen on the nose cone. I like the power but don't think I would buy another.

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
……..
Well long story short I smacked a tree. Looked like I'll be needing a new single pipe, I figure I may as well replace it with an aftermarket one. It's an insurance deal so I'll only be paying the difference over a stock pipe.
What I want is one that works as reliably as stock but with more power. I don't want to deal with erratic RPMS, check engine lights tuners, timing or anything like that. I just want to drop in the pipe/y pipe and go. I have a clutch kit that I can tune to the power gain.

Seems like theres only about 4 choices, SLP, Jaws, and Bikeman, and Dynoport. Which of these fits what I want?

Usually the oem pipe is the most expensive.

You should be covered for aftermarket $

yamiman

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
ND
Just got back from 5 days riding Cooke city on my Hi elevation jaws/powderfreaks setup with shr clutching. This on a 165 expert and have to say it rips to say the least. After figuring out weight on clutching the first day I never touched it the rest of the trip. I’m coming off of 9 years of turbos and don’t miss them one bit. Was riding with a new turbo doo as well for 2 days and there isn’t as big of a difference as one would think. If they bump up the hp I would think about it but for now this setup rips!!

Over budget

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Mar 13, 2019
Centerville utah
Just got back from 5 days riding Cooke city on my Hi elevation jaws/powderfreaks setup with shr clutching. This on a 165 expert and have to say it rips to say the least. After figuring out weight on clutching the first day I never touched it the rest of the trip. I’m coming off of 9 years of turbos and don’t miss them one bit. Was riding with a new turbo doo as well for 2 days and there isn’t as big of a difference as one would think. If they bump up the hp I would think about it but for now this setup rips!!
What elevation was you riding. I rode with a new Doo at 10,000 ft and got my but handed too me ?

yamiman

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
ND
91 with an oz of of race gas concentrate per gallon to be safe but probably not needed. Very happy with this setup

Nytroty

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Chaska, MN
91 with an oz of of race gas concentrate per gallon to be safe but probably not needed. Very happy with this setup
Since you are adding a little race gas to this setup that means you could run a new turbo with a mild tune(When they have those) with some race gas too and bring that power difference back to 40 or more hp than the jaws/head combo....
Don't get me wrong i LOVE the sound of this setup. But since this voids the warranty and adds race gas you would need to compare that to the new turbo with a tune and some race gas...

yamiman

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
ND
Since you are adding a little race gas to this setup that means you could run a new turbo with a mild tune(When they have those) with some race gas too and bring that power difference back to 40 or more hp than the jaws/head combo....
Don't get me wrong i LOVE the sound of this setup. But since this voids the warranty and adds race gas you would need to compare that to the new turbo with a tune and some race gas...

Totally agree with you, I had all of this done before I knew the turbo was coming out otherwise I would have had the turbo.

grich8888

Lifetime Membership
Oct 31, 2012
Totally agree with you, I had all of this done before I knew the turbo was coming out otherwise I would have had the turbo.
Agreed, buy a stock muffler, trade or sell it and get the 850T, real power without any of the mess. It really is that good, linear and smooth power delivery.

Premium Features