• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Silber turbo on a 22/23 matryx slash

W

wake133

Feb 15, 2012
Anybody do a silber turbo on a matryx slash? I ordered a kit and want to get some feedback on how it works on the matryx. Not much information out there.

R

Reddragon800

Feb 26, 2013
Im not sure if you have ran any of his newer turbo kits. They work very well. Ive gone up against the BD and the MNTNK and felt the Silber tuning was really good. Started better, was more responsive and made the same power. Installation and components were OK, but they weren't bad. Flashing the ECU is easy and can be flashed back to stock no problem.

He is hard to get a hold of which is annoying and the clutching he supplies isn't very good. Overall i think you get good value for the amount that you pay.

madmax

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Salt lake city
I had a silber on a 19’ and a 20’ 850 Polaris. They both ran quite well. That being said, the matryx does have some differences in ignition an fuel tuning, so I’m thinking it’ll need a different tune than the 19’ and 20’ 850 similar to the slp twins. Personally I’d sell what you have and buy a boost if you want a turbo 850, it runs better than any aftermarket Polaris kit and it has a warranty.

mt.sledder

Lifetime Membership
Nov 28, 2007
Saskatchewan
I have 2 buddies with Matryx Silber turbos and they are very impressed. One of them has had all different brands of turbos on 800 and 850 Polaris's including a Patriot Boost. He says the Silber is the most responsive of all of them.

W

wake133

Feb 15, 2012
Thank for the info, I’ve had silber turbos on my 800 Polaris. The reason I went with silber and not the factory boost on my new matryx was to be able to set the boost to what I wanted like the old silber kits. It doesn’t look like I can with this matryx kit though. I with there were more user reviews online about them.

Murph

Polaris Moderator/ Polaris Ambassador/ Klim Amb.
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Thank for the info, I’ve had silber turbos on my 800 Polaris. The reason I went with silber and not the factory boost on my new matryx was to be able to set the boost to what I wanted like the old silber kits. It doesn’t look like I can with this matryx kit though. I with there were more user reviews online about them.

If warranty is NOT a concern, there are aftermarket companies that are increasing boost through software reflashes.

There are race gas and AVGAS tunes available with increased boost and timing.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^These tunes VOID factory warranty^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ (Same as fitting an aftermarket turbo voids warranty)

diamonddave

Chilly’s Mentor
Lifetime Membership
Apr 5, 2006
Wokeville, WA.

What makes you think you can’t “set the boost”?

W

wake133

Feb 15, 2012
I personally run a Silber and have been very pleased with it. I had TRS dial me in with clutching and it’s great.

He didn’t ask if she should sell. He asked if anyone had experience with one?
You’re running it on a matryx 850? Can you adjust the boost by changing springs like the older kits? My 23 kit didn’t come with a blow off valve that can be adjusted.

C
Jan 29, 2023
Alberta
Anybody do a silber turbo on a matryx slash? I ordered a kit and want to get some feedback on how it works on the matryx. Not much information out there.
Put a kit on mine this year runs great. Have to tweak my tuning 1 cylinder is running slightly lean. Running straight av gas ibex tuning and clutching

Premium Features