• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Silber turbo kit?

Premium Member
Dec 17, 2007
British Columbia
Ran one last year on an 850 Khaos. Pretty easy install and good fit and finish. For sure get a clutch kit from a reputable clutch guru. Adding bigger intake vents and a TSS bypass is a must. I could never get my sled to run without Det at 5lbs unless is was 50/50 Av and premium, I ride 5,000-7,000 feet. For the most part it was pull and go all season. I’d suggest not running one unless you have a little mechanical knowledge, clutch’s need to be cleaned more often and sled checked over more then a stock sled. Everything needs to be just right for the sled to run proper.
That being said the aftermarket guys are in trouble. The factory offerings run a lot better. I couldn’t get a Polaris boost so will be running a doo turbo this season. No comparison on how well the bottom end is on the doo turbo. Hopefully the boost sled is the same.

madmax

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Salt lake city
I have an intercooled silber on a 19’ 850 and another silber on a 20 khaos. They both run very good. Run about 20% race fuel at 6ish lbs. Good clutching is key, TRS is the best. Have a used kit for sale if anyone interested

R
Oct 25, 2020
How
mine and a buddies have been pretty much rock solid

mines an 850, 5lb spring, prem/a little avgas for safety
only had one day where i had issues, but i dont think that was due to the kit, fresh plugs seemed to fix it, pulls hard, TRS clutching

buddies is an 850, 10lbs, cant remember his fuel ratio,
his is always spot on as well, goes through reeds occasionally @ 10 lbs tho, garage maintenance item

i'd say if you run 5 or 7 lbs theyre pretty "maintenance free" other than the usual stuff. I look mine over well before and after each ride

went on a 10 day trip last year, multiple riding spots/elevations and it never had an issue

i think im going to bump up to 7lbs this year

How was the increase in power at 5#? What elevation and fuel were you running?

I’m considering going straight to 7#.

bryceraisanen

Lifetime Membership
Mar 5, 2011
Bump. Any recommendations for a 2020 850cc with Silber at 7lbs? Getting a lot of DET even when running 20% race gas at 8-10,000 elevation. Sled only has couple hundred miles on it.

Sent from my SM-N976U using Tapatalk

R
Oct 25, 2020
Bump. Any recommendations for a 2020 850cc with Silber at 7lbs? Getting a lot of DET even when running 20% race gas at 8-10,000 elevation. Sled only has couple hundred miles on it.

Sent from my SM-N976U using Tapatal

How much weight in your clutches?

What’s the max rpm you’re hitting?

Have you tried 100% av gas?

bryceraisanen

Lifetime Membership
Mar 5, 2011
Don't remember. Using appropriate silber setup for 8-10,000 feet.

Don't remember exactly, but seemed high-ish maybe 8500-8700?

No did not try 100% av. There are known drawbacks to that, and wanted to try run it closer to what the directions say. Have a trip coming up soon, and will add av/race as necessary, but the less the better.

ullose272

Premium Member
Aug 18, 2009
boise idaho
Don't remember. Using appropriate silber setup for 8-10,000 feet.

Don't remember exactly, but seemed high-ish maybe 8500-8700?

No did not try 100% av. There are known drawbacks to that, and wanted to try run it closer to what the directions say. Have a trip coming up soon, and will add av/race as necessary, but the less the better.

I havent heard many good things about silbers clutching.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
……..

Ditch silber clutching and talk to TRS.

Clutching is intertwined with fueling since fueling is dependent on several factors with operating rpm being one of them.

bryceraisanen

Lifetime Membership
Mar 5, 2011
We got the kit on the way. Just exploring for any new news over the last year or so.

RMK-King

Super-Moderator
Dec 25, 2007
North Dakota

The one in our group on 7lbs just runs 100% AV gas and then DET is a non issue. Even at 50% AV/91 it would hit DET sometimes.

diamonddave

Chilly’s Mentor
Lifetime Membership
Apr 5, 2006
Wokeville, WA.
The 850 needs alot more octane than an 800. Boondocker found this out and came out with different head. 850’s really like 100% Av at 4-8k feet. 800’s get by with much less octane. 50/50 at same altitude.

SMF is correct about proper clutching. Getting the proper loading on the engine with the correct clutch (and gearing) calibration to match the mapping, timing/boost etc is essential. Don’t forget the finger brake dragging

I like the 5lb spring the best.
#TCCSAxys

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
……..
Is TRS’s that much better than Dan’s? Thinking about trying TRS’s if it is.
I really like indy specialty clutching for low elevation.

I’ve heard TRS clutching is better at high elevations.

Very similar “theory” in both setups with TRS being the guy developing AND testing all elevations vs indy dan developing and testing low elevations with lots of guys testing and reporting back from all elevations.

Dan being primarily an engine guy clutching second and TRS being clutching primarily and high elevation/ high elevation turbo specific.

LongHorn XC

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Illinois
I really like indy specialty clutching for low elevation.

I’ve heard TRS clutching is better at high elevations.

Very similar “theory” in both setups with TRS being the guy developing AND testing all elevations vs indy dan developing and testing low elevations with lots of guys testing and reporting back from all elevations.

Dan being primarily an engine guy clutching second and TRS being clutching primarily and high elevation/ high elevation turbo specific.
Good to know, makes sense.
Thanks SMF!

bryceraisanen

Lifetime Membership
Mar 5, 2011
The 850 needs alot more octane than an 800. Boondocker found this out and came out with different head. 850’s really like 100% Av at 4-8k feet. 800’s get by with much less octane. 50/50 at same altitude.

SMF is correct about proper clutching. Getting the proper loading on the engine with the correct clutch (and gearing) calibration to match the mapping, timing/boost etc is essential. Don’t forget the finger brake dragging

I like the 5lb spring the best.
#TCCSAxys
Finger brake dragging? You mean like to keep it spooled up in the trees or something else?

P
Dec 19, 2019
SLC, UT
I know you asked about silber but have you looked at the mtntk kit? I just got mine on and it was very easy to install and comes with the tuner. 91 ethanol free with clutch kit and no knock. Not sure about the silber but the mtntk has no separate oil pump for turbo and integrated blow off. Very nice kit.

Premium Features