• I've received emails and PM's asking me about "Group Buys" and promotions.

A Group Buy here on SnoWestOnline.com would be a situation where a normal member (non vendor or mfg) personally collects orders from other members. That member then uses those orders to negotiate a better price with the Vendor/Mfg for HIS/HER "Group" of buyers.

Here is an example of a viable "Group Buy"

http://www.snowestonline.com/forum/showthread.php?t=269222

A promotion that has the words "Group Buy" in the title is still a promotion, and from the rules that were handed down to me by Harris Publications is that non-advertisers cannot run promotions or open sales programs on the forums outside of the swapmeet.

If a members wants to become a group buy manager, maintain a thread and collect the funds and negotiate a group buy... as a member, you are welcome to do that as long as you are not attached to the business of the vendor or Mfg.

If you are a vendor/MFG and you want to offer an EXCLUSIVE "SnoWestOnline ONLY" promotion that is exclusive to snowest readers, please contact me and you'll be able to put it up in the Polaris forums.

Also, before any vendors/mfgs get all "riled up" over this know that the moderators are strictly volunteers and do not receive a dime from any advertising $$ spent on this site.

As ALWAYS, since DAY ONE of me becoming a moderator, I have pioneered, supported and encouraged vendors and mfgs in getting the word out to our readers with "New Product Announcements.

Have a great season.

From this point on, all vendors/mfg's promoting Pre-Season tiered sales programs, in the Polaris Forums, that are not paid advertisers will be appropriately moved to the swapmeet section of the forums.

MH

Silber Turbo 850 pump gas

cdebodt44

Lifetime Membership
Apr 3, 2016
Just wondering how these kits have been running this winter? Have one for my 800 with IS clutching, and has been pull and go at low elevation. Haven’t seen any posts so thinking that’s a good thing!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

blacklabel28

Premium Member
Jan 17, 2015
Keystone Co
I found I had to run 30% vp110 to not get det at 5lbs at around 9-11 feet. Seems a bit extreme to have to run that much. If I tried any less I would get det almost immediately.

cdebodt44

Lifetime Membership
Apr 3, 2016
Were you using the clutching that comes with the kit?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

blacklabel28

Premium Member
Jan 17, 2015
Keystone Co
yes, the original clutch kit that I got had so much Loctite or was cross threaded from whoever put the original weight in that I broke a allen driver bit off trying to get it out. Had to buy another 150$ kit just to change the weight before I even rode the thing. Justin thought I should have to pay for that out of pocket.

RMK-King

Super-Moderator
Dec 25, 2007
North Dakota
The Silber 850 needs 50% AV when running 5-7psi at 7k+ to keep from hitting DET. The latest reflash supposedly runs on pump gas but I don't know of anyone personally who is running it yet.

Premium Features