• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Silber or mpi

sledhead455

Lifetime Membership
Nov 28, 2007
As the title says, silber or mpi for an 850? Why? Hope to get some feedback, not much real world info I can find. Thanks

DUKHTR3

Lifetime Membership
Nov 30, 2007
Silber. We have 2 on our group and one is mine. They both run great. Mpi is running old tech on the fuel controller. However I have never road a mpi but I did have the doebeck fuel controller and it was junk.

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

F
Nov 27, 2007
medicine hat
Ran one for a weekend and first day ran very well but no big pulls, Cory called the that night and I was very happy, he said don’t hold back, so I let her buck a bit.. 7 pound spring and 40 are so seconds at 6800’ don’t work well.. removed kit the following week, no calls
returned from Sibler.. cause was lean burn down pto side.. the stock oem fuel system cannot substain 7 lbs at that elevation and we latter found that their air box has substantial more airflow to pto side over mag.. redline kits binna bullet ever since and a lot more power

madmax

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Salt lake city
I was one of the first with an MPI on my 17’ 850 and loved it. Ran perfect from day one. Set up a number of them, they were great kits a few years ago, but MPI is not building them anymore, so customer support is very difficult. The silber doo 850 is by far their best running kit, got 4 riding buddies with them. The silber is about a perfect as you can get if installed and set up properly.

christopher

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 2008
Rigby, Idaho
I was one of the first with an MPI on my 17’ 850 and loved it. Ran perfect from day one. Set up a number of them, they were great kits a few years ago, but MPI is not building them anymore, so customer support is very difficult. The silber doo 850 is by far their best running kit, got 4 riding buddies with them. The silber is about a perfect as you can get if installed and set up properly.

Availability:
spacer.gif
Out of Stock - Backorder Not Available

BirdmanID

Lifetime Membership
Apr 10, 2019
Idaho falls

Beyond installing correctly, what considerations are you referring to for it to be set up properly?

F
Nov 27, 2007
medicine hat
I gave my Sibler kit to my nephew and told him to run it a 5 lbs only at our 7k feet we ride here, so far kit is running strong and he loves it..

Now what is wrong with there kits, they rely on the stock fuel injectors and stock ecm to add fuel under boost.. but stock injectors are maxed out at 5 lbs boost, and anything after that is working in the red zone.. long pulls will take motor down...kit should never be sent out with 7 lb spring installed

the other thing they should of done is bench flow there airbox design better, the pto side piston is getting 20 percent more air than mag side under full boost, and why it’s only side that goes down from lean..

Now if you can keep it under 5lbs at lower elevations you will have a wonderful kit that spools and pulls well, nice cheap 190hp kit..

Premium Features