• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Silber installed - now sled won’t idle ??

B

braapin

Nov 26, 2007
Sandpoint, Idaho
Silber installed - now sled won’t idle ??

Any help would be great- just figuring out where to start. Installed lightly used silber turbo in 2017 Axys 800. Exchanged ECU same color injectors as previous owner. Install went good. Went to fire it up and the thing was all over the map- surging, sounding odd, check engine light came on. I double checked intake and crossover to make sure rag or something wasn’t stuck in there. Checked coil wires, Haven’t pulled off throttle Bodies yet, but seems to me like it’s something electrical. Maybe intake Map sensor? (Silber map sensor) Or ecu went haywire ?? Any input would be awesome.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

B

braapin

Nov 26, 2007
Sandpoint, Idaho
Just a thought.... ay chance you can get any rubber sucked into engine when drilling hole for BOV line??

willjogervais

Lifetime Membership
Mar 2, 2011
SW Minnesota
Put your original ECU back on it. There is no harm trying it to see if it idles. You can run it with the original ecu just fine, just dont put it under boost with it in. That way u can rule the ECU out

B

braapin

Nov 26, 2007
Sandpoint, Idaho
Yeah that is probably it - ecu is 2018- my sled is 2017 -
I heard those aren’t interchangeable??

B

braapin

Nov 26, 2007
Sandpoint, Idaho
Put your original ECU back on it. There is no harm trying it to see if it idles. You can run it with the original ecu just fine, just dont put it under boost with it in. That way u can rule the ECU out

Just put my original Ecu back on before I had a chance to get it flashed- sled won’t even try to stay running - just fires up then dies. I’m puzzled.
Might have to take it to ten lakes in eureka to see what’s going on if Reflash Northwest doesn’t get back to me. ??

willjogervais

Lifetime Membership
Mar 2, 2011
SW Minnesota
Did you try switching out the supplied 3 bar map sensor for your factory map sensor? Again,dont run it with boost like this. Also, I would try unhooking every connection you touched and reconnect them, map sensor, egt sensor, coils, ect. Check for bent pins while u have them unhooked

Last edited:
B

braapin

Nov 26, 2007
Sandpoint, Idaho
Did you try switching out the supplied 3 bar map sensor for your factory map sensor? Again,dont run it with boost like this. Also, I would try unhooking every connection you touched and reconnect them, map sensor, egt sensor, coils, ect. Check for bent pins while u have them unhooked

Will do !

B

braapin

Nov 26, 2007
Sandpoint, Idaho
Plugged in old map sensor just hung it outside intake tube but no change - still fires and shuts off right away. Wondering if I need to run to dealer who has digital wrench?
Gonna run bore scope into intake and into spark plug holes tonight

kiliki

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2008
Nampa, Idaho
Plugged in old map sensor just hung it outside intake tube but no change - still fires and shuts off right away. Wondering if I need to run to dealer who has digital wrench?
Gonna run bore scope into intake and into spark plug holes tonight

was thinking broken reed..... scope will let you know.

revrider07

Lifetime Membership
Feb 17, 2008
ND

This

mtnxtreme1

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 29, 2007
redding ca.
sounds like throttle cable adjustment
if its in a bind they do that when installing turbo kits
check the cable routing and adjustment hope that helps

Premium Features