• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Silber axys 800, any recent changes?

bryceraisanen

Lifetime Membership
Mar 5, 2011
Hi, I'm considering buying a Silber non-intercooled setup for my 2018 RMK 800. It (turbo kit) was bought new in 2018 and has about 400 miles on it. I'm wondering if much has changed in the last year or two that would make it worth buying a new setup instead of used? I do understand that I'll have to pay $500 to get my ECU flashed.

Also, why wouldn't Silber use a Bullydog flasher like MtnTek so people can do their own flashes, without having to ship their ECU across the country? Seems like a much easier way to do it. I'd like to try a MtnTek, but on the phone they said they didn't have much experience running below 4000'. I live in MN and want to be able to use it here (1000' elevation) for a couple fishing trips a winter. Then ride the rest of the time out west. Anyone in MN running a MtnTek?

Tia!

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
……..
Hi, I'm considering buying a Silber non-intercooled setup for my 2018 RMK 800. It (turbo kit) was bought new in 2018 and has about 400 miles on it. I'm wondering if much has changed in the last year or two that would make it worth buying a new setup instead of used? I do understand that I'll have to pay $500 to get my ECU flashed.

Also, why wouldn't Silber use a Bullydog flasher like MtnTek so people can do their own flashes, without having to ship their ECU across the country? Seems like a much easier way to do it. I'd like to try a MtnTek, but on the phone they said they didn't have much experience running below 4000'. I live in MN and want to be able to use it here (1000' elevation) for a couple fishing trips a winter. Then ride the rest of the time out west. Anyone in MN running a MtnTek?

Tia!

Running 0-5k in Alaska with great results.
Early 2015 fall kit build silber non intercooled.
2016 800 boosted since new.

Indydan clutching. (Huge difference from silber clutching)

Straight avgas. (Sometimes 75/25 cut with non eth 90 octane)

The silber ecu reflash can be done by anyone with the cable. (2 local dealers here do it)

I personally know of around 5-6 silber 800 Axys’s running well at our elevation.

The couple local guys i’ve run into running boondocker or MTNTK at low elevation all seem to have Lag and DET issues.

bryceraisanen

Lifetime Membership
Mar 5, 2011
Guessing though even if they have the cable it's probably still $500? Or do dealers have a copy of their own flash and free to set their own prices?

U running 7 psi with straight av gas?

Sent from my SM-N976U using Tapatalk

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
……..
Guessing though even if they have the cable it's probably still $500? Or do dealers have a copy of their own flash and free to set their own prices?

U running 7 psi with straight av gas?

Sent from my SM-N976U using Tapatalk

I think the dealers have a little markup on the flash and can give a slightly better deal.

It’s really hard to perfectly clutch for 7 psi under 5k. (And I think the silber map might not be as good)

I had good days and minor overrev pop days @7#

Ended up sticking with 5 psi because it runs so clean.

Indy specialty heavy turbo weights, turbo extreme helix. Plus whatever springs come with the kit.

Rpm at 8300 is perfect. (Lean popping below 8k rpm)

Make sure the bov spring cover is sealed. (Will overboost if loose)

Watch track tension (loose will scrub trackspeed and eat belts)

Premium Features