• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Sicamous Snow

Shermanator

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Sicamous
www.reelfishingadventues.net
Blue

I still prefer the "old" standard measurement but apparently I can't change our country's thoughts on that! From "the other" site there is snow but guys are beating the crap outta their machines, great parts sales this time of year. It was measure up at the cabin at 80cm or in US terms just shy of 3'. Been real warm here the last bit but if nothing else it should be setting up a good base for later on. More rain in the forecast the coming week but not enough to convince me I need a bent A Arm yet...

Shermanator

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Sicamous
Snow?

What’s it like up there now. We have had high freezing levels in the whistler area recently ?

Well, I still haven't been up and won't for a while. Apparently its crap up top right now, allot of the snow has melted and there is now ice in its place! We haven't had that much rain down below and our forecast is showing cold and sunshine! Spoke to our buddy from Crowfoot area, snow is down to 3' and hard as a rock! I guess if you have extra coin for sled parts then fly at it!!??

Blk88GT

Westbound and down
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Winnipeg, Manitoba
I'll be there Thursday @ CKMP doing my AST1.

Keep the updates coming, I'll be looking for a place to track up Sunday!

Shermanator

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Sicamous
Blue Lake

Well, I finally made it out, later than usual for me but that's what happens when your another year older! Our crew today, "The Magnificent Seven", only called that because I can't remember everyones names! Lawn Dart brought his crew out from Saskabush, 5 flatlanders, and then Billdozer and myself. We had an awesome day, blue skies and sunshine, pretty sweet! Of course no one cares about our amazing crew and how much fun we had but would rather know about the snow conditions, what snow?? We went to the far reaches of the meadows looking for untouched but nothing, all pretty much tracked to crap. The bunny hill by the cabin had its usual array of brand new sleds, 175 Doo's etc, that were mastering the BIG hill in front of the cabin, pppfffffttttttt!
Anyways, we found our own private piece of untouched white stuff, down in Foggy Bowl! Not a track!! Needless to say the 7 of us beat the bejayzus out of that area , smiles all around! From there we took the top trail to the meadows over by Brown Pants, hereto it was beat up pretty bad. Again though, a little exploring and we found more untouched snow at the far end of of that area and I managed to get the boys nice and stuck in some of the gulleys going down below the meadows, nice!! Billy showed off his patented Barrel Roll on his new Doo (and you can't wipe the smile off his face since he got it!!), Lawn Dart doing something silly on a simple side hill and then SOMEONE trying to mate with a tree! Which, cost him the flipper on the throttle so we had a slower ride home than usual. Great day boys, glad you could make it out again! The road, slicker than hell past 2.5 km, pretty much ice on all the hills, the big trailers parking at 2.5 whilst most of the trailerless guys headed to 6kkm. No precip in the forecast, looking pretty bleak if we don't get some fresh stuff!

171208a.jpg 171208b.jpg 171208c.jpg 171208d.jpg

Shermanator

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Sicamous
Blue Lake

So the Billdozer and I thought we'd give the old Blue Lk Rd a try, save that 300 mile trip going the other way. When we got to the bottom of Blue there were like 48 trucks with sleds sitting there, doing nothing. Seems that as soon as they spotted the BC plates on our vehicles they all raced up the road!! Wha?? A stranger thing is, why was there no trail pass person collecting, when their website says they're grooming it, they missed a ton of coin in trail pass fees today! It would appear the word is out that its free now!
We unloaded at 5.5 km, the "others" unloaded at 10km. Road is slicker than goose poo, and if you drive like a white man on the plowed logging road you'll have no problem with melted sliders. Fools that do 80mph up such a road and then wonder why stuff melted, should perhaps find a different sport. Once past 10km the road was also very smooth, until about 13km when it became a 4 outta 10, and that turned to a 3 outta 10 on the way down!
Snow, yup, found some of that too, and it snowed the entire time we were up there. We covered allot of ground and shredded every patch of untouched snow we could find, and we found allot! It wasn't the snow over the headlights stuff but definitely over the bumper to the headlights stuff, especially in those "secret" places that us greedy local sledders know about. All in all a great time out, the Dozer only got stuck once in creek, I wound up in a creek bed and chose to run into a tree instead of a log, but damage was minimal all around!!
Oh, and the lavatory at Cumming's Lk has been serviced, will probably stay warm for the next 2-3 days, and there are in fact stumps still sticking out here and there! With the amount of snow that was falling when we left, the next couple days up there should be banner, especially "those" places "down below" that we tore up! It was snowing heavy enough that our tracks from when we arrived there were almost covered, now that's some good snow!
The road down is a tad slippery, as witnessed when the 8000lb Enterprise was coming in for docking on the rear of Billdozers F150. Funny how when you flash you headlights and honk your horn at someone in front of you that they stop rather than see your totally out of control, pretty cool. Its amazing how you actually pick up speed rather than slow down when at the anitlocks are buzzing and whirring! Did I mention the road is slick!! Stay away, please!!

171219d.jpg 171219e.jpg 171219f.jpg

Y

yooper 8

Apr 14, 2008
Riding Dec. 30 thru Jan 5

wondering how the snow is now? I am headed out 1 week from today, and was planning on Eagle. Thanks!

Shermanator

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Sicamous
Sicamous Spots

Just poaching a couple more pictures from the boys in the area! I haven't been able to get up but over the last 2-4 days they've been getting dumps of the special snow up top!! Gonna be pounded out most spots though with the amount of sledders going up everyday (200-300) so you'd best know the secret spots!!

92772aefc2e1bdfe346d74bf9ab6e3ee.jpg a2a9546115a6449d4e5ca2207bd8d99a.jpg

Shermanator

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Sicamous
We had a fantestical day up towards Blue today! Billdozer and I treated the boys from Tunder Bay to a day up on the hill, we've sledded with a couple of them before
and met a couple new ones. We took the back road in behind Cummings Lk and found deep untouched powder, most of the day having snow fill our goggles and
helmets, it was wunderbar!! We made our way through Cummings and worked the backside in that area, only two other sleds had been through some time ago
(Revbyu!!!) but lots of totally untouched that we tore up amazingly well! A lunch break here and then we headed to the lower meadows before Blue, again,
lots of untouched and deep snow, it was a helluva good day! Vis was good and it started snowing heavy around noon and never quit, there'll be another foot
by morning. Down at the parking lot it was pouring rain!!
There were a few malfunctions on the routes, Billdozer checking trees for Spotted Owl droppings, that and the occasional track inspection. One of the Tunder
boys found out a creek bed was not quite what he expected and got tossed to the curb for his efforts. The boys did great, even with their shorter tracks there was
no stopping them, a pleasure sledding with you guys! That's when Billdozer and I said we were tired and needed a nap so called it a day. Awesome conditions!!

180124a.jpg 180124b.jpg 180124c.jpg 180124d.jpg 180124e.jpg

Premium Features