• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Shout out to Andy at Gas Shock Repair

hamlin

Lifetime Membership
Sep 13, 2013
To the top, just got two more sets revalved. Quick turnaround and at a great price!

nibrandon

Lifetime Membership
Jan 8, 2015
Roberts, MT
I got mine revalved, rebuilt, and the fronts shortened this summer by GSR and rode them yesterday for the first time. It made a huge difference, not only on the trail, but when sidehilling crossing ruts and old tracks. Very reasonable price, and a great upgrade.

BirdmanID

Lifetime Membership
Apr 10, 2019
Idaho falls
So whats the trick to finding andy? I live locally and the address takes you to the log home place, phone goes straight to voicemail, emails unreturned for a couple weeks now...Any ideas?

nibrandon

Lifetime Membership
Jan 8, 2015
Roberts, MT
So whats the trick to finding andy? I live locally and the address takes you to the log home place, phone goes straight to voicemail, emails unreturned for a couple weeks now...Any ideas?
The log home place is the right address. Dropped off shocks there last summer and picked them up there too.

turbolover

Enduring the heat till Braap Season
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Jul 4, 2001
Rigby, Idaho
If you go into Yellowstone Log Homes in Rigby, just tell them you need to drop some shocks off in Andy's box.
They'll direct you right to it and give you a marker to put your info on the tags in the box.

BirdmanID

Lifetime Membership
Apr 10, 2019
Idaho falls
3 weeks of no responses after talking to him previously about having the work done, including texts to his phone # that show delivered, i gave up and sent my stuff to racetech. Multiple people have PM’d me with similar experiences recently, oh well, times a wastin.

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
……..
3 weeks of no responses after talking to him previously about having the work done, including texts to his phone # that show delivered, i gave up and sent my stuff to racetech. Multiple people have PM’d me with similar experiences recently, oh well, times a wastin.

Hopefully he isn’t having medical issues.

The guy who did pulse injection on dirt bikes disappeared off the map after taking payment from me. 4 months later I got a refund from his brother I guess the guy almost died. ??‍♂️

Last edited:

IDspud

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Oakley, ID
That was my thought, sometimes life kicks your ass and knocks you off course without warning.
Best not to consider your toys the most important thing in someone else’s life.

C
Dec 14, 2020
Anyone heard from him, or is it just hunting season?

I sent him an email and got a reply a few months ago. Life got crazy and I finally got the shocks off the sled 2 weeks ago, but his website is screwed up and I can't get him to email me a shipping address now.

Considering just sending them to Walker Evans. They were cheaper than anyone else I could find, and they should know what they're doing.

C
Dec 14, 2020
I gave him 2 weeks to respond to the emails, and got a reply about 2 hours after I had dropped them at fedex to go back to walker evans.

Upon inspection, 1 of my shafts had a rust pit (under the seal with sled weight, only showed once it was fully extended off the sled) that I'm sure is responsible for the loss of nitrogen. So I ended up needing 1 shaft, 1 body, and 1 lock-nut. WE had all the parts in stock and told me 2-3 day turnaround once received.

I'll try Andy next time they need service only because of his reputation on here.

Premium Features