• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Should polish tunnel or leave it alone

rmk727

Lifetime Membership
Oct 3, 2008
SO.DAK
U polish it and it looks great but; everytime u ride there u go u have to polish it again so it looks good, this time i'm polishing the top of the tunnel but wraping the sides, if u scratch em u just apply new IMO

D
Sep 14, 2006
On the toilet
Does it make the sled perform better? No.

I don't get it. Do you polish the frame of your dirtbike?

Not flaming you just making my point. If I was to put that much work into my sled it better be 20 horse or better improvement.

T

Trenchmaster

Nov 26, 2007
Edmonton, Alberta
It took me about 3 hours to polish my tunnel the first time, I believe that it resists staining and scratching better after polishing it. I re-polished it at the end of the season and it took about an hour, I don't polish it through the season. I would think it's more work to re-apply decals than a quick polishing. My daughters spend more time applying their makeup in the morning!!

RMK4life

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
I would either polish it or paint it black. If you choose to polish it couldn't spray a clear coat over it to protect it?

440dart

Jan 5, 2008
montana
line-x my 08 700 and love it, you can choose to have it line-x in rough or smooth finish, he said a fully line-x long box pickup adds around 70lbs so maybe on a sled 5lbs maybe. looks good all the time better foot traction and snow dosnt stick to it at all. cost me $250 best thing about it, it always looks good

whoisthatguy

Lifetime Membership
Dec 27, 2007
If you polish it, you will get compliments as long as you own it. But you will have to carry a pair of sunglasses, just in case the sun is out when you take your helmet off.

T

Trenchmaster

Nov 26, 2007
Edmonton, Alberta
http://www.sharkhide.com/

The company we bought our jet boat from introduced us to this. It gets a little dirty after awhile but just wipe it off with a towell and looks as good as new.
Just be careful putting it on. If not done correctly, it'll look like sh*t.

I checked out the site, looks interesting, should last a few years on a sled. You could see in the pictures where they didn't get the coating on, did you put it on with the spray can?

Premium Features