• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Should I buy this bike

Z
Feb 16, 2014
I am looking at getting into snow biking. I am 51 and 170 lbs 6' tall. I am a very accomplished dirt bike rider and snowmobiler. I want to keep riding with the kids (24) my son rides a snow bike also.
I found a 2018 ktm sx 450 with 1.5 hrs. It is loaded with all the goodies even a recluse. Track is a 17 137 let. Is it a good deal for me at 12,500. I live in Mt and plan to ride off trail almost 100% . To be the deal is good enough to deal with the bigger track that most don't like. I am a little slow and like to look around while exploring. No jumping. What does everybody think

2smokin

Lifetime Membership
Oct 17, 2018
Bozeman MT
Assuming your talking about the bike in Bozeman it appears to be a pretty good deal , that being said almost new just isn't new. We just picked up my a 2017 fx450 with 6 hours for 6500. Assuming you could get another one similar to that, his kit is not worth more than 3500 to me. Or you could also pick up a brand new kit of your choice and pair it with a couple hour bike. That being said if you want to tractor around its hard to beat the float and traction you'll have on the 17 LT. If its what you want maybe try offering him less. Benefit is that bike is ready to roll. rekluse scares me as I have seen them die suddenly too, but others have had no issues. Send me a message if you guys want to ride sometime!

Z
Feb 16, 2014
I am with you a 100%. It is set up for sure. I fill his price is the upper side. I am really on the fence for the 137. Lots of guys including myself think 129 could be the in-between ticket.

Premium Features