• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Should Christians Support President Obama?

polaris dude

Lifetime Membership
Jun 5, 2009
Grand Junction, CO
I believe in God, yet don't bring it up because quite frankly my persuasive skills aren't good enough to tell the glory of God with justice. I believe in him, and if asked I would say I do and list the reasons, but I would never get into a debate with an atheist who is determined to validate their reasoning with facts and reasons that they are correct. And honestly, there is nothing they can say or do to eliminate my believe because nothing can diminish my faith.

I think that is kinda what wyo is saying.

Mafesto

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Northeast SD
Here is something that I find irritating.
Many athiests are highly educated & became athiests after being brainwashed by leftists hippie athiest college professors who are too weak to believe in anything that they cannot literally see or feel.

"Belssed are those who believe and have not yet seen"

mold

Lifetime Membership
Nov 17, 2009
Lead, SD & Idaho Falls, ID
Here is something that I find irritating.
Many athiests are highly educated & became athiests after being brainwashed by leftists hippie athiest college professors who are too weak to believe in anything that they cannot literally see or feel.

"Belssed are those who believe and have not yet seen"

I'm a hippie and I believe!!!

WyoBoy1000

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
Red Lodge MT to North, CO
Again IF you BELIEVE in God and don't make him a part of every day, if you don't bring "it" up due to etiquette....then why do you believe?

Are you asking or are you just arguing, if you read my posts it is obvious what I believe.
Further more if you think it is important to enforce your belief (which I think it is) you do not have to throw it in others faces. By doing so is a good way to ruin a good experience. If you know someone is iffy on the subject and all you talk about is god this god that they will have quit listening to what you have to say at the very beginning and no matter what you say after that will be heard.
But if you just be a good person and set an example they will start to listen and maybe some day they will ask. It's about inviting people and sharing with them for there benefit, not yours. You can not push religion on anyone, it will turn into a worse situation than before.

To you,
I don't just believe, there are things I know because I believed, and those things can not be understood unless the other believes. So when talking about any of it I will only give the information and my beliefs if called on. Otherwise I just as well pi$$ in the wind and put the boxing gloves on.

So when the argument comes up if I start talking about god, its a fight (you really think thats what god want you to do)
To me I would rather talk about things the other person believes in that also go with my morals (my belief in god) and build on those.
If there is nothing we agree on, then there is no discussion to be had and trying to further discuss it will make it worse. In turn its better to politely disagree and walk away. You don't want them tearing down your belief and they don't want to hear your belief so its a win win to walk and let time take its role. If you are setting a good example they will notice and curiosity will set in, then you have a chance to share just a little, but do not overwhelm them, be in there head not yours.

Last edited:

mold

Lifetime Membership
Nov 17, 2009
Lead, SD & Idaho Falls, ID
Are you asking or are you just arguing, if you read my posts it is obvious what I believe.
Further more if you think it is important to enforce your belief (which I think it is) you do not have to throw it in others faces. By doing so is a good way to ruin a good experience. If you know someone is iffy on the subject and all you talk about is god this god that they will have quit listening to what you have to say at the very beginning and no matter what you say after that will be heard.
But if you just be a good person and set an example they will start to listen and maybe some day they will ask. It's about inviting people and sharing with them for there benefit, not yours. You can not push religion on anyone, it will turn into a worse situation than before.

To you,
I don't just believe, there are things I know because I believed, and those things can not be understood unless the other believes. So when talking about any of it I will only give the information and my beliefs if called on. Otherwise I just as well pi$$ in the wind and put the boxing gloves on.

So when the argument comes up if I start talking about god, its a fight (you really think thats what god want you to do)
To me I would rather talk about things the other person believes in that also go with my morals (my belief in god) and build on those.
If there is nothing we agree on, then there is no discussion to be had and trying to further discuss it will make it worse. In turn its better to politely disagree and walk away. You don't want them tearing down your belief and they don't want to hear your belief so its a win win to walk and let time take its role. If you are setting a good example they will notice and curiosity will set in, then you have a chance to share just a little, but do not overwhelm them, be in there head not yours.

So you contend that when giving head, it is better to give than receive?

WyoBoy1000

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
So you contend that when giving head, it is better to give than receive?

Thats all you got, what a weak way to defend your side of an argument but a completely typical statement of someone trying to argue something they can't.

Just to be clear though, to answer your question. I can't say, I'm not experienced in that area so I will refer to someone that is. Since you brought it up maybe you could tell us your opinion.

tdblakes

Lifetime Membership
Feb 2, 2010

To you,

Agreed. There are places in the Bible that Paul "shook the dust from his feet" and walked away and the same still applies. You don't want to be the guy on the college campus yelling at all the kids that they're going to hell. God is subtle, be a good example and be proud of who you are and what you believe. Your confidence and comfort and peace of mind will be contagious. I've seen this 1st hand. The forceful plan gets you no where and those people that yell and try to force things on people are doing a HUGE disservice to the word Christian and what it means to be one.

I think what xrated was saying originally though was that people can't keep religion out of politics because religion feeds your morals, your morals drive your political views, and your vote is going to go with the person that you seem to agree with most... the a=b b=c so a=c type of thing. At least thats what I thought he meant when I was reading his posts...

my .02
:face-icon-small-coo

btw I think it is the most rediculous thing that people try to change the wording of the pledge and that it is rarely even said in schools. I think it should be 1st thing in the morning before 1st period in every school. theres .02 more...

:usa2:

WyoBoy1000

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
btw I think it is the most rediculous thing that people try to change the wording of the pledge and that it is rarely even said in schools. I think it should be 1st thing in the morning before 1st period in every school. theres .02 more...

X2.

I think xrated and I are more or less on the same page, I was just trying to clarify that I think there is a particular method of keeping god in the picture without boasting about it. IMO anyway, but to each his own, I'm not trying to tell anyone how to do anything.

xrated

Lifetime Membership
Jul 20, 2004
Plainview, MN
Agreed. There are places in the Bible that Paul "shook the dust from his feet" and walked away and the same still applies. You don't want to be the guy on the college campus yelling at all the kids that they're going to hell. God is subtle, be a good example and be proud of who you are and what you believe. Your confidence and comfort and peace of mind will be contagious. I've seen this 1st hand. The forceful plan gets you no where and those people that yell and try to force things on people are doing a HUGE disservice to the word Christian and what it means to be one.

I think what xrated was saying originally though was that people can't keep religion out of politics because religion feeds your morals, your morals drive your political views, and your vote is going to go with the person that you seem to agree with most... the a=b b=c so a=c type of thing. At least thats what I thought he meant when I was reading his posts...

my .02
:face-icon-small-coo

See you read well.

Now if you all want to see a fight ask me what I think about the pledge....

Premium Features