• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

SHOT Swap to E-start

I
Dec 21, 2016
The ring gear is part of the rotor assy - or what he is refering to as the flywheel.
I imagine that it is integral to the rotor it'self, and not a bolt-on addition.
The fiche does not show it as a separate part, and it does not show a pic of a SHOT rotor - only lists it as a different number

View attachment 364236

6420864431Magneto Flywheel. Except Shot Engine$644.99 CAD
Legend
Available
6420864435Magneto Flywheel. Shot Engine$644.99 CAD
Legend
Available

I noticed the same thing; that it (the ring gear) wasn’t included in the electric start kit, which is what had me thinking it was the same rotor/flywheel/whatever across all configurations.

snow-doo

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
May 7, 2008
Atascadero Ca
Had a 2019 that shot worked one time and failed.Had capacitor replaced never any trouble afterward,if the dealer you took it to twice didn't change the capacitor he is not much of a dealer,i remember at one time they had like a 70% fail rate.Someone already mentioned contact BRP and fight it out for a while,it would never make sense to go back in time

I
Dec 21, 2016
Had a 2019 that shot worked one time and failed.Had capacitor replaced never any trouble afterward,if the dealer you took it to twice didn't change the capacitor he is not much of a dealer,i remember at one time they had like a 70% fail rate.Someone already mentioned contact BRP and fight it out for a while,it would never make sense to go back in time
It was a warranty issue at some point; I had mine fail on my 2019, and replaced by Houghton Powersports in Michigan on my way to a week long ride. Lost about a half day of riding; quick and easy.

Premium Features