• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Shock warranty summit x

K
Jun 30, 2017
Hey my friend has a 2021 summit x with warranty till 2025. His sled is still in break in and the rear track shock already blew out, our local dealer denied him warranty and i was wondering if that was normal or not? Are there any aftermarket options that last longer or was this kind of a one off?

Ras74

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Feb 3, 2020
When it comes to oem shocks and warranty I have always found they say it’s abuse and deny it. Nextech and toms snowmobile both offers fox shock setups for the doo’s. Zbroz exit shocks are a good option as well. I’ve had good luck with those set ups.

K
Jun 30, 2017
When it comes to oem shocks and warranty I have always found they say it’s abuse and deny it. Nextech and toms snowmobile both offers fox shock setups for the doo’s. Zbroz exit shocks are a good option as well. I’ve had good luck with those set ups.
Yea they say its a wear item, seems dumb since its pretty new and has barely any km on it, he ended up getting a new one but if it goes again he’ll go that route thanks

farmboy84

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
New Prague, MN
When you say blew out, was it destroyed or just not holding pressure? X shocks can be rebuilt and it's usually very reasonable (<$100 if seals etc.. are needed). If he wanted to get back on the snow immediately, I understand buying one. Did he save the old one? Have it rebuilt and save or sell.

K
Jun 30, 2017
When you say blew out, was it destroyed or just not holding pressure? X shocks can be rebuilt and it's usually very reasonable (<$100 if seals etc.. are needed). If he wanted to get back on the snow immediately, I understand buying one. Did he save the old one? Have it rebuilt and save or sell.
Leaking oil externally and no nitrogen i guess, i havent seen it. Ill let him know about rebuilding it thanks

B
Sep 24, 2009
Yakima Wa
Yea they say its a wear item, seems dumb since its pretty new and has barely any km on it, he ended up getting a new one but if it goes again he’ll go that route thanks
I can't believe that a shock is considered a wear item. I'd ask them to show you the paperwork stating that.

K
Jun 30, 2017
I can't believe that a shock is considered a wear item. I'd ask them to show you the paperwork stating that.
Yea i wasnt there but apparently they did show him something saying that, i was skeptical thats why im asking here haha

Coldfinger

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Nebraska
Most things of concern on a sled are wear items. piston, rings, cylinder, crank, exhaust valves, pivot points, etc.

Premium Features