• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Shock upgrade or revalve

line8

Lifetime Membership
Feb 20, 2008
West of East
I’ve got an ‘18 MC. Last year I had the shocks all rebuilt. I guess they were better after. But, I just cannot seem to find a nice resting point with them. Too soft, too harsh, those types of things. Elevation swings, temp swings, snow conditions, etc.
I’m wondering if it’s a better idea to just upgrade or if I should revalve. If upgrade, which ones and why?
Sled has Ice Age elevate also.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:
L
Mar 15, 2019
I felt like the QS3 are pretty decent. There’s a million shock options all depends on your wallet. Elka, fox, ect. What’s the consensus on the best upgrade to the QS3 and what’s the budget ?

ndfb35

Lifetime Membership
Oct 15, 2014
MT
I also think the QS3 are decent but I upgraded my fronts to Float 3 with Evol on the front. I like having an Evol chamber better. Re-valving will help the stock shocks quite a lot. You can add the evol chamber to your shocks as well for a decent price. That along with re-valving should get you anything you want out of air shocks without buying a new set.

boondocker97

Lifetime Membership
Oct 30, 2008
Billings MT
On front Float shocks without an evol chamber I end up with a harsh ride by the time I get the pressure set high enough to have the roll stiffness and hold up on edge that I want. Having the evol chamber allows for a higher spring rate mid-end of the stroke and keep it a little lighter initially. Raising the front of the sled makes the rear shock too soft as well. When I put the elevate spindles on with my Kmod and coil raptor rear shocks the rear bottoms too easily now. It's going to take a re-valve to fix it.

So overall adding evol chambers to the front and a re-valve all around would be my suggestion.

line8

Lifetime Membership
Feb 20, 2008
West of East
I had a proclimb previous and all my shocks were RE-valved with the evol chamber. I guess I might be comparing. What is being described is exactly what I’m noticing. It’s been more exaggerated since I put on the elevate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Premium Features