• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Shock Revalve -Alpha

Z
Apr 26, 2017
I’m curious of anyone has had their shocks revalved on their alphas? If so, was is a significant improvement? I apologize of this has been covered before. I have a 154 turbo, and trying to improve handling. Also, where did you guys send your shocks to? Thanks in advance.

MTN_VIPER

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
NW WA St.
fourstrokesolutionsllc.com
Yes, but I'm not afraid to admit that I'm an old guy who likes a smooth riding sled! So I have had most of my sleds re-valved for my weight and riding style.
Most sleds come valved pretty much for one size fits all. They have to since there's no way for the manufacturer to know the weight and riding style of every customer.
I have used Tom's snowmobile and C27 shoc doc (he's on facebook/totallyamaha) with good results.
Since your sled is boosted which adds in even more variables, any good shock rebuilder/tuner should be able to help you out.

richardderkevorkian

Lifetime Membership
Feb 7, 2010
Soldotna AK
I’m curious of anyone has had their shocks revalved on their alphas? If so, was is a significant improvement? I apologize of this has been covered before. I have a 154 turbo, and trying to improve handling. Also, where did you guys send your shocks to? Thanks in advance.

This guy ( http://gasshockrepair.com/ )has done floats and coil overs for me. Extremely reasonable $$$ and always impressed with the results. If you get creative with strapping tape or bailing wire you can fit all 4 in a flat rate box

Z
Apr 26, 2017
I had good results with both Toms and Gasshockrepair. Toms takes longer to get them back.

Well, thanks for the info everyone! I was thinking about giving gas shock repair a shot. He is considerably cheaper than some of the other options. Several others I looked at were $150 dollars a shock, though they had very reputable names. I wasn't sure if that meant you get what you pay for? I imagine they both do the same thing or would I be better of paying more per shock? Thanks!

Premium Features