• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Sheave angle ???

A
Nov 26, 2007
Elko, NV.
Does anybody know if they changed the sheave angle from a 2018 Axys 800 to the 2109 850? I grabbed a well broken in gates belt 45C4553 off my '18 800 and threw it on my 850, it was a slipping low RPM disaster with only 1/8" of the belt making sheave contact. I know some dealers have been altering angles for some reason or another, I'll also ask the previous owner if had the angles altered.

A
Nov 26, 2007
Alaska
Does anybody know if they changed the sheave angle from a 2018 Axys 800 to the 2109 850? I grabbed a well broken in gates belt 45C4553 off my '18 800 and threw it on my 850, it was a slipping low RPM disaster with only 1/8" of the belt making sheave contact. I know some dealers have been altering angles for some reason or another, I'll also ask the previous owner if had the angles altered.
Hopefully someone else can chime in but I'm about 99% sure they are different angles.

A
Nov 26, 2007
Elko, NV.
Thank you all for the replies, I guess the simple solution is to break in/wear in belts like I've never had to do before. Seven miles up the trail, swap belts on the mountain, adjust deflection, seven miles down to the truck after adjusting again, repeat about 5X over and should be good to go. What a pain in my rear, I've been adjusting and tuning for 36 years and have never had a sled that required this kind of wear in. The upside is when the wear in is complete and all is grippy and performing its job as designed this thing really rocks!!!!!

BeartoothBaron

Lifetime Membership
Nov 2, 2017
Roberts, MT
Your experience dropping in a belt is the opposite of mine. I thought I needed to get my primary re-shimmed – way too much side clearance for the 45C4553 that was in it – but I decided to try the 47C4572 off my old EDGE. Perfect side clearance (the primary must have been set up for that belt), and it ran great right out of the gate, although I didn't do many long, hard pulls. I'd only put 100 miles or so on it with the old sled too; then I managed to jam the track and hourglass that nice, low-mile belt, but it held the rest of the weekend. I should mention both clutches had IndyDan's machine and balance, so they're probably better matched than most Poo clutches, despite the years. Could be, in your case, the broke-in belt actually took longer to "adjust" to the change than a brand new one would have.

carbontj

Premium Member
Aug 21, 2012
indianapolis
the sheave angle changed in 2018 to 13.5 degrees from 14 degrees..they eliminated the starter hump at the bottom of the sheave..check you cover to see what years they are made.

bryceraisanen

Lifetime Membership
Mar 5, 2011
In short, no change.
In all honesty, sheave angles run all over the place. From 11.5* to 15*.
Now you can understand belt issues.
Is this a quality issue at Team? Maybe I should start manufacturing....

Sent from my SM-N976U using Tapatalk

Premium Features