• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Sena Bluetooth - Motorcycle Bluetooth Communication Systems

S
Hello everyone,

We are Sena Technologies and we wanted to introduce ourselves to everybody on this established forum and let everyone know that we signed up so that we can communicate directly with fellow members about our current products, upcoming releases, such as new products, and updates to our existing products. We look forward to talking to everybody.

Sincerely, SenaBluetooth

**Latest Update**

Firmware version 1.1 for the 10U is now available which includes HD Intercom, Group Intercom™, being able to store up to 3 different remote control devices, changed the default setting of Audio Boost to disabled, removal of the headset button operation for Speed Dial and minor bug fixes in FM radio with GPS instruction. In addition, firmware version 1.0.2 for the 10R is now available which includes minor bug fixes in Siri control, A2DP and phone re-connection, minor bug fixes in phone pairing mode and minor bug fixes in remote control at low battery.

http://www.sena.com/sena-releases-10u-firmware-version-1-1/

http://www.sena.com/sena-releases-10r-firmware-version-1-0…/

You can upgrade your firmware using the Device Manager v2.8 for Windows and v2.8 for Mac users.

Please be sure to register your product online in order to download the Manager software, since free upgrade service is provided only to the registered users. For more details, please visit Sena website at www.sena.com.

Last edited:
J

JSCC

Nov 26, 2004
Huntsville,Ut
Thanks for Joining the forum. My wife and I have fully enjoyed our Sena's riding our road bike.

AkSledHed

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Mar 12, 2009
Eagle River, Ak
This things work great while riding sleds as well, most of my friends own either the Sena 10 or 20 and love them. Looking forward to owning a set of these ourselves.

zalez

Lifetime Membership
Jan 5, 2012
How do you protect these things from the snow?

AkSledHed

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Mar 12, 2009
Eagle River, Ak
We recently purchased the Sena 20S and have found that the intercom range isn't very long. While riding down a groomed road as soon as I was out of site of my wife I lost all comm with her. I do like being able to listen to my music while riding, still working the bugs out and hope to cure the intercom issue.

S
We recently purchased the Sena 20S and have found that the intercom range isn't very long. While riding down a groomed road as soon as I was out of site of my wife I lost all comm with her. I do like being able to listen to my music while riding, still working the bugs out and hope to cure the intercom issue.

Please make sure that the antennas are up on both of the headsets as that is designed to improve the Bluetooth connection between the 20S and any paired devices. Also, when communicating with the HD Intercom feature enabled then the range between the headsets is reduced because of the higher quality audio. If you disable the HD Intercom feature then you will have a longer intercom range. Furthermore, if you lose the connection between the two headsets from being out of site then when you return to being within range and the line of sight then the headsets should automatically reconnect together.

AkSledHed

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Mar 12, 2009
Eagle River, Ak
Please make sure that the antennas are up on both of the headsets as that is designed to improve the Bluetooth connection between the 20S and any paired devices. Also, when communicating with the HD Intercom feature enabled then the range between the headsets is reduced because of the higher quality audio. If you disable the HD Intercom feature then you will have a longer intercom range. Furthermore, if you lose the connection between the two headsets from being out of site then when you return to being within range and the line of sight then the headsets should automatically reconnect together.

Thanks for the info, I wasn't aware of the HD thing but i'll check them tonight when I get home. Quite a few of my friends that I ride with have either the Sena 10 or 20 and we all love them. And yes, we always ride with the antennas up.

AkSledHed

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Mar 12, 2009
Eagle River, Ak
If you get one of these units, make sure to get the updates. We updated ours this week and its supposed to fix some of the issues we were having with intercom and music sharing.

S
Hello everyone,

Here is the latest information from Sena for our products. Firmware version 1.1 for the 10S is now available which includes Dual A2DP and minor bug fixes. In addition, firmware version 1.1 for the 10R is now available which includes Group Intercom™, HD Intercom, Dual A2DP, Universal Intercom pairing moved to the Configuration Menu and minor bug fixes.

http://www.sena.com/sena-releases-10...e-version-1-1/

http://www.sena.com/sena-releases-10...e-version-1-1/

You can upgrade your firmware using the Device Manager v2.9 for Windows and v2.9 for Mac users. For more details, please visit Sena website at www.sena.com.

**Edit**

Firmware version 1.2 is also now available for the 10U and it includes Dual A2DP support and minor bug fixes.

http://www.sena.com/sena-releases-10u-firmware-version-1-2/

Last edited:
Premium Features