• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Seeley Lake

X
Mar 12, 2018
I'm wondering if anyone knows if you can leave from Arlee and bounce up over Jacko (and drop into Seely Valley) by snow machine?

I've been snow mobiling for 50 years back east and am spending the winter between Mission and Bozeman. So Cooke is on my list, but just saw this thread about Seely and am excited to try it. Would be nice to not have to drive all the way around. Also, I guess I gotta get a mountain machine :)......

theres some pretty extreme terrain in-between... not to mention the tribal land and other lands that are not open to snowmobiles. if you wanna try it for the challenge, more power to ya... but in reality its only like a 90min drive from mission valley to seeley. its not really worth it.

i do know for a fact that you can go from missoula to seeley... and all the land in-between is open to snowmobiles

High Voltage

Lifetime Membership
Jan 30, 2003
Helena, MT
Well we got in the first ride for the year without and carnage. Enough snow to play a little, but you had to watchful for land minds. Meet new people, and enjoy the nice weather. If you tried har enough you could even get stuck!
It was good to finally hook up for a ride with you Scott.E8A52EE8-7FB1-4746-B77D-DC455E8F5521.jpeg

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
I'd meet you and go (coming from Great Falls). Solo and looking for someone/somewhere to ride.
Scott Fink?
When are we riding together again?
Last time, I think we went to HooDoo.

srfink

Lifetime Membership
Sep 16, 2013
Great Falls, MT
Well we got in the first ride for the year without and carnage. Enough snow to play a little, but you had to watchful for land minds. Meet new people, and enjoy the nice weather. If you tried har enough you could even get stuck!
It was good to finally hook up for a ride with you Scott.View attachment 336417
Yeah, good ride although thin at the bottom, were able to find some of the goods. Great meeting you guys and look forward to riding again soon. I see you posted the picture of my "rookie" move.

srfink

Lifetime Membership
Sep 16, 2013
Great Falls, MT
Scott Fink?
When are we riding together again?
Last time, I think we went to HooDoo.
That's right.....I'm game for whenever. Last time we rode I was on Doo and last year I made the switch. Loving the Axys chassis. I'd like to ride with you again this season. Let me know. I have a fairly open schedule, just need a day or two notice so I can coordinate work.

mwboondockers

Midwest Boondocker’s
Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Trempealeau,Wis.
There is a group of us from the Midwest coming out there in a couple weeks, but it sounds like they need some more snow according to the posts on here. is that correct?

High Voltage

Lifetime Membership
Jan 30, 2003
Helena, MT
If it doesn’t get a GOOD freshening I wouldn’t bother coming. It is very marginal snow around the warming hut, and by now pretty thrashed on top.

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
I was told by people who rode up until Sunday that the big fresh dump from last week was very well set up.

revrider07

Lifetime Membership
Feb 17, 2008
ND
That part of the trail made me nervous the first year i rode there i bypass it now because its a terrain trap.

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
You usually only see a few tracks on that little hill because people are smart.
Most people stay over to the right and creep over south a bit as the courage increases.

562xp

Lifetime Membership
Dec 19, 2012
Was there Friday, I still wouldn't ride around the warming shack some do though.

High Voltage

Lifetime Membership
Jan 30, 2003
Helena, MT
Still pretty thin lower elevations, and not as much powder on to as I was hoping. The wind must have set it up pretty well in some areas. Found enough to have a good time. Getting a base now.

Premium Features