• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Seeley Lake

S
Dec 27, 2018
Minot, ND
My group of 4 will be arriving in Seeley Lake this Saturday for 4 days of riding and by the looks of things the snow should be pretty good. If anyone is looking to make some new friends or knows the area really well and wants to show us around that would be awesome. My plan is to ride the west side around Lake Marshall a couple days and then to also venture into the Gold Creek/Boles meadow area. If anyone has any advice or wants to meet up shoot me a message. Thanks and be safe out there!

Wheel House Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SW MT
Stick to the elsina/dina/marshall area. The stuff up by gold creek is so exposed being burnt the snow is never as good. There is days worth of playing in the areas you mentioned. Definately more then 4 days worth of fun thats for sure.

4nite

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Apr 14, 2009
Wyoming
Stick to the elsina/dina/marshall area. The stuff up by gold creek is so exposed being burnt the snow is never as good. There is days worth of playing in the areas you mentioned. Definately more then 4 days worth of fun thats for sure.
My group of four will be arriving on the 23rd, coming up from SW Wyoming. We are renting a house in Seeley, SW side. We have never rode in that area. Definitely looking forward to it. We will be riding five to six days. Exactly where is the dina/marshall area? Is it worth the drive to maybe also ride Lolo&Lincoln How is the riding in those areas? Is there a place in town to get stickers and maps? Thanks in advance!

S
Sep 14, 2010
where ever I am
My group of four will be arriving on the 23rd, coming up from SW Wyoming. We are renting a house in Seeley, SW side. We have never rode in that area. Definitely looking forward to it. We will be riding five to six days. Exactly where is the dina/marshall area? Is it worth the drive to maybe also ride Lolo&Lincoln How is the riding in those areas? Is there a place in town to get stickers and maps? Thanks in advance!

For starters drop by Kurts Polaris in Seely Lake, they can / will point you the right direction.

4nite

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Apr 14, 2009
Wyoming
just for the record. found and downloaded different maps, more detail,was only looking at the OSVUM maps, was able to answer most of my questions! Thinksnow!

CATSLEDMAN1

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Missoula, Montana
out and about

Seely's like many destination areas. Folks show up for the weekend and all go to the same place, every weekend, every day.

If you are there for 4 days, check out the riding behind Placid Lake to the South warming hut in the Boles meadow area. Tons of open ground to cover.
And the area just got dumped on. If you can't find un tracked snow you are in the wrong spot.

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
Derek, it was good to meet you guys on Monday. It was fun.
I hope you guys were able to get out on day #4!!

Let me know when you're over this way again!!

S
Dec 27, 2018
Minot, ND
Thanks Scott! It was really good to meet you and Jacob as well. Our last day started late with a broken pull rope in the parking lot but overall it was a good day. We are looking towards the end of March to come back. Thanks again!

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
Sounds good. Hope you guys are all rested and ready to go. The storm we're getting that starts today it's supposed to bring about two feet in the valley in three to four feet in the mountains.

B
Feb 22, 2019
My group of 4 will be arriving in Seeley Lake this Saturday for 4 days of riding and by the looks of things the snow should be pretty good. If anyone is looking to make some new friends or knows the area really well and wants to show us around that would be awesome. My plan is to ride the west side around Lake Marshall a couple days and then to also venture into the Gold Creek/Boles meadow area. If anyone has any advice or wants to meet up shoot me a message. Thanks and be safe out there!

Just wanted to see how your experience was. Looking at heading to Seeley this coming weekend and looking for any advice on places to ride or stay since it'll be my first time there. Currently looking at staying at The Lodges, Double Arrow Lodge is full this weekend. Will be coming from ND as well any advice on best way to get there? Thank You

I'm wondering if anyone knows if you can leave from Arlee and bounce up over Jacko (and drop into Seely Valley) by snow machine?

I've been snow mobiling for 50 years back east and am spending the winter between Mission and Bozeman. So Cooke is on my list, but just saw this thread about Seely and am excited to try it. Would be nice to not have to drive all the way around. Also, I guess I gotta get a mountain machine :)......

Premium Features