• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Seeley Lake 13/14

agalen

Lifetime Membership
Oct 31, 2011
Helena, MT
has anyone ventured out up here yet? looks like the N. Fork Jocko Snotel is starting to show some depth :face-icon-small-ton

Where are the best places to stay and ride in the Seeley Lake area for off trail riding?

Any of the places in town are decent and you can ride from the motel December-March. The West side and the riding area called Dinah/Elsina are very popular along with the North Fork bowls. Good off trail riding with some of the better snow around but on a blue bird day you're gonna see other people. I tend to ride the East side partly because I live on that side of the valley but also to avoid the crowds. I take guys out and show them around so if you're coming this way and interested in some guiding shoot me an email.

boondockerboy@gmail.com

We also just received about 5in over night in town and over 2ft up high. I will be riding this weekend and can give an actual snow report from the mountain. That gives us over 60in of depth at the North Fork snotel. Generally the Morrell mountain and the NorthWestern part of Dinah have a bit more snow then the snotel site.

-Caleb

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
WHOA!!!!

Anyone check the Jocko SnoTel today?

HAHAHA....
It hit 70" on Tuesday afternoon.

That's a 30" storm!!!!

N

nort10

Oct 8, 2010
Lolo, MT
WHOA!!!!

Anyone check the Jocko SnoTel today?

HAHAHA....
It hit 70" on Tuesday afternoon.

That's a 30" storm!!!!

Yeah I seen that last night and I have a friend that was out in the Lolo area on tuesday and he has pictures of a true 30'' of fresh....it is looking good!!

Scott

Scott Stiegler
Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Nov 1, 1998
W Mont
I'm going to hit the MSLA Snowgoers steak fry this weekend. HAFTA find a safe place to get some over the hood.

BUT, I predict there will be broken A-arms this weekend. LOL. IT's just too early not to.

N

nort10

Oct 8, 2010
Lolo, MT
I'm going to hit the MSLA Snowgoers steak fry this weekend. HAFTA find a safe place to get some over the hood.

BUT, I predict there will be broken A-arms this weekend. LOL. IT's just too early not to.

I'll be out all weekend too, I might have to hit up the steak fry! I have a 2014 pro with last years blue panels on it, if you see it say hi!

C

carlc

Jan 23, 2008
helena mt
How much snow is at the parking lot off Boy Scout rd? I have heard reports that it's dry but I have a hard time believing that

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CarbonWerx

Lifetime Membership
Feb 18, 2010
Missoula, MT
Nobody been up to seeley warming hut this week? Gonna be up there this weekend and wondering how the snow is. Hoping it isnt completely bottomless after the 30" storm.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

M

MT BoonDockerBoy

Dec 23, 2012
Seeley Lake, MT
www.calebkesterke.com
I don't think it will be bottomless. We had 40 some inches earlier this year that settled out to 20 something inches and then received another dump pushing the snow depth to 70. That's already settled out to 60 and it's suppose to be pretty warm. I know someone from Kurt's rode last weekend but I don't know of anybody riding since then. I would bet the snow is ok around the warming hut but you'll probably have to head into Dinah or the NorthFork to get into better depth.

-Caleb

I

IndoubtGASIT

Nov 26, 2007
Montana
Seeley's gettin deep!
zeravequ.jpg
yjy7enab.jpg

M

MT BoonDockerBoy

Dec 23, 2012
Seeley Lake, MT
www.calebkesterke.com
Snow is DEEP. Rode 10hrs+ yesterday, unfortunately my sled was down and the only one I could find to borrow was an 02 600 shorty. Had a blast anyway. Around the warming hut had crap and I bounced off some stuff. But once you get up into Elsina/Dinah there was a solid 5-6ft. Did trench down to anything and never even saw an uncovered stump or rock.

2rgjp6v.jpg

2db6vqd.jpg

2ue4k7r.jpg

CarbonWerx

Lifetime Membership
Feb 18, 2010
Missoula, MT
Snow is DEEP. Rode 10hrs+ yesterday, unfortunately my sled was down and the only one I could find to borrow was an 02 600 shorty. Had a blast anyway. Around the warming hut had crap and I bounced off some stuff. But once you get up into Elsina/Dinah there was a solid 5-6ft. Did trench down to anything and never even saw an uncovered stump or rock.

You must not have seen that one tree on the banks of Elsina either.. :face-icon-small-win LOL Thanks for helping dig me out when I tried to come help out and caused more work for the both of us!! Hope you get your Doo operational soon.

Aaron

Premium Features