• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Second session on the 2012 Pro….and more issues again.

S

sled-fiend

Nov 27, 2006
Victoria, BC
www.raintek.ca
Second session on the 2012 Pro….and more issues again.

On my first ride the sled was not idling, would not go into reverse and was bogging, I took it to the dealer and it showed 2 codes both related to the TPS. Apparently the TPS unit was actually full of water. They taped the boot back on, cleared the codes and sent her out.

I finally got it out for another ride over the weekend since my trip to the dealer (non ethanol 94 octane). The sled ripped for the first part of the day, everything seemed great. After rolling the sled over to get unstuck, it started happening again. It would hardly idle, would not go into reverse and started to consistantly bog again. By the time we made it to the trail out it it was running absolutely horrible, full on burble all the way through the throttle range.

Next morning (was left on my deck so it did not dry out) I fired it up, and sure enough the reverse worked again and the sled would idle as normal. We checked out the tps, was once again very moist in there, we blew out the connector, re-greased it and put it back together.

Next day took it back out, once again ran good for the first few hours of the day. Then it happened again, exact same symptoms that got progressively worse, after a good stuck on a real steep hill.

Would the TPS unit be capable of holding water in the bottom of it, when I roll the sled the water goes to the connector side and causes issues? Just a thought.

On the way out my buddy asked me if I was hitting my break frequently, I wasn't. So with me pushing the break lever out (to ensure it wasn't just touchy) he watched it for a few hundred meters, sure enough the tail light would be on, then flicker off and on etc, with the break applied it went full bright red, so obviously not an issue with the break circuit. We switched and I watched the light as he rode, same thing, full red, then flicker on and off.

Is their an engine ground on the sled? We looked but could not see one.

With the flickering light, it makes me think that their may be a voltage issue along with a TPS issue.

Any suggestions would be much appreciated, I'd like to have as much ammo for the dealer as possible when I take it in. This issue on the last ride cost me, a mangled front bumper, a bent seat post, a ripped WRP seat and a lot of frustration. I don't mind paying 13K for a sled, but I do expect it to run!!

Thx in advance for any insight!

Link to my first thread:
http://www.snowestonline.com/forum/showthread.php?t=283867

AKSNOWRIDER

Lifetime Membership
Dec 25, 2007
anchorage
tell the dealer to replace the tps..its been water contaminated inside..will never read right consistently..and have them check the tail light wires..they are rubbed thru somewhere and is acting like ground for the light...sucks you have had isssues..dealer should have changed the tps first time around when they found moisture..

AndrettiDog

Lifetime Membership
Dec 23, 2007
Colorado
A buddy of mine had TPS issues on last years Pro. Acted like an injector was bad (a rumored issue at the time). So he sent it back and they adjusted it. Same problem again. He sent it back and they finally replaced the TPS. Not another issue after that.

S

sled-fiend

Nov 27, 2006
Victoria, BC
www.raintek.ca
A buddy of mine had TPS issues on last years Pro. Acted like an injector was bad (a rumored issue at the time). So he sent it back and they adjusted it. Same problem again. He sent it back and they finally replaced the TPS. Not another issue after that.

I'm hoping that they will just replace it as well, it's a royal PIA to get this thing to the dealer!!

Premium Features