• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

School me on Radios.

kmg

Lifetime Membership
Sep 6, 2012
We have not had good luck with BCA link and they are spendy to boot. What's the best radio that don't require a license? Or should I just get license and get a better radio. Is there any out of the ordinary rules when using GRMS? These aren't going to be used for chatting. More so when riding through the trees and one guy disappears ha.

Thanks

Edit to add:

Looking at some Midlands. Looks like the x talker is FRS

Last edited:

Chadx

♫ In the pow again. Just can't wait to get in..
Lifetime Membership
Feb 2, 2010
Bozeman, MT
Just make sure they are FCC approved. Many of the imported radios are not. They need to have the FCC ID number (usually located by the model # and serial # label).

Last edited:
J
Jan 20, 2009
Northern Utah
I had good luck with my Cobra's until a friend lost one, now I'm using the Midland. Seems to work alright in the trees, we never get more than a half mile or less lost, so I can't attest to the absolute range. I use them in Utah mts and heavy tree cover. I've been asked for a license although I do possess one for work. It's easy to obtain from fcc website. As with most government it's just a bogus money fee.

Premium Features