• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

S.E Idaho Bone/Wolverine

D

Daniel Boondocker

Dec 1, 2007
Idaho Falls
Went up on Saturday. Both parking lots were almost full. Only up to knees a couple miles up the trail from the parking lot. Couldn't get through any of the sagebrush areas very well, and hit many rocks. No bottom in the low areas. Powder all the way to the dirt. Never went up in the canyons or hills. Short up and back trip with the girls. Should be better by now eh. Going back up tomorrow and will try and post again. I'll bet it will be fine.

My pops and his brother went up to bone today, Wednesday the 26th. I can't remember what area of bone he said he was in, I would imagine he was up in the paradise area. He said that there was at least 3 feet if not 4. Just this last saturday there was only upwards of ten inches as of the 22nd, he said there was a lot of improvement since last weekend.

Luckily, the weather forecast is leading me to beleive that we can expect more.

D

Daniel Boondocker

Dec 1, 2007
Idaho Falls
Also went up yesterday. Went into the area just east and south of girls camp. Looked like their had been another 5-10 inches down low. Couldn't tell because the added weight had very much settled the snow just since Saturday. Sill up to your knees down low, but much denser now from the added snow. Base is starting to set up. At 7000 feet it is up to your waist with a soft base, and gets a little deeper as you go higher if you can. Still can trench down to the ground. Really difficult to climb and even boondock in, and powder over the top of the sled. Too much fun. Awsome day of riding just breaking the trail going in. Realy could have used a turbo just for boondocking. Don't you love the deep powder. Holding out for a Brad Story Propane turbo with the torgue of a 4 stroke I think. Waiting to see how the Nitro works out. I know. I am a Dragon Lover too. May just turbo it. What a fun sled to ride.

Premium Features