• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

RX1 JETS AND WEIGHTS FOR HILLS

T

thierracing

Jan 1, 2010
Fulda MN
Ok guys, my buddy has an 04 yamaha rx1(carburated) with either a different silencer or straight pipe on it and we need to know what jets and weights to run in it out there. Were heading out on the second so any info would be great!!

jeffxc700

Lifetime Membership
Nov 29, 2010
SUX
Just ride it. It is not a two stroke. Probably will only have to adjust idle and maybe wind secondary tighter. You will notice a loss in topend with the change in elevation, but so does everybody else.

T

thierracing

Jan 1, 2010
Fulda MN
Just ride it. It is not a two stroke. Probably will only have to adjust idle and maybe wind secondary tighter. You will notice a loss in topend with the change in elevation, but so does everybody else.

So you just leave the low elevation jets in and it's not a horrible loss?

jeffxc700

Lifetime Membership
Nov 29, 2010
SUX
Yes you will be just fine. I also swap out the helix to try to compensate for loss in power for elevation but you could just wrap the secondary tighter for better back shifting.

jeffxc700

Lifetime Membership
Nov 29, 2010
SUX
I have rode carbureted motorcycles in the hills for years and have never rejetted from iowa elevation. The rx 1 is a snowmobile with a R1 sport bike engine and carbs. Don't worry about being lean, you be on the rich side because the air is thinner.

Premium Features