• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Running temps

L
Mar 15, 2019
If the reservoir isn't full, start there. Completely full and stays full as you ride it (may burp out an air bubble). Make sure cap is fully seated. If that doesn't fix it, I'd check the thermostat. It's accessible by removing the primary clutch. I'd troubleshoot based on symptoms, not assumptions about parts being good because they're new-ish. But this sled should be covered under warranty?
Yes it is covered. If I’ll add the coolant before I bring to the dealer with possible t stat problems. Thank you for the help though!

anybody on the scratcher subject ? Anything better than stock ?

Octanee

Lifetime Membership
Nov 15, 2010
Cranbrook Bc
Yes it is covered. If I’ll add the coolant before I bring to the dealer with possible t stat problems. Thank you for the help though!

My sled has warranty but I opted to do the T-stat my self because as the dealer says, If they don't find an issue with the t-stat, I'm the one paying the bill... I did end up finding a bad t-stat but The thought/worry to have to pay them ~$200 vs $25 for the t stat and a bit of my time... And yeah my t-stat was indeed broken.

arcticridr

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 11, 2003
Redding Ca

I added some of the ski scratchers with the little flippy lever on them for reverse , seems to help in those marginal groomed trail conditions buddies runs 5-10 warmer than mine running side by side at 40-45 but I also have the panel vents on the front of each side panels as well and he doesn't so not exactly the same ??! Adding the jaws pipe in ceramic next week when it gets here b interesting to see if that helps or.hurts dunno??

U
Feb 24, 2019
I added some of the ski scratchers with the little flippy lever on them for reverse , seems to help in those marginal groomed trail conditions buddies runs 5-10 warmer than mine running side by side at 40-45 but I also have the panel vents on the front of each side panels as well and he doesn't so not exactly the same ??! Adding the jaws pipe in ceramic next week when it gets here b interesting to see if that helps or.hurts dunno??
Could you post a pic? I bought some for my 21 alpha but just can’t seem to find a good mounting location.

Cinno

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Stillwater,Mn
Thanks- Did you just re-use the gasket? it's more than the thermostat.!
Sorry buddy for sort of hy-jacking the thread, I was responding to you to simply get the part number to you quickly instead of you waiting for response from Proclimb 800. I have never replaced my thermostat, however if I was doing it I would order the gasket "PN #0930-026" along with the thermostat in case the gasket tears when opening the cover. If the factory uses gasket sealer it will tear. I hope you get your response from Proclimb 800 to answer your original question.

arcticridr

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 11, 2003
Redding Ca
Could you post a pic? I bought some for my 21 alpha but just can’t seem to find a good mounting location.
Here are a couple pics added the rubber on the spring end just for a little added protection (lol) on the top of the ski piece of 1/4 vacuum tubing .

IMG_20210122_200346923.jpg IMG_20210122_200405968.jpg

Premium Features