• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Running boards

S
Dec 8, 2007
What are some good options to improve the grip from the 1M running boards. These things are brutal in deep snow. Was thinking of drilling some more holes in them. Will they handle the holes? Looking to do something on the cheap!

E

Extreme-One

Nov 26, 2007
Meridian, ID
When I had my 1M I tried the hole thing, but you must flair the holes to add strength to the running boards or they will bend. A buddy put a set of Betterboards on, they look much better a do a great job.

Jul 22, 2009
Fastlane

I'm not one of those guys to push a brand, mod, etc. but I have the Fastlanes on my sled and dollar for dollar I thinks it's one of the best improvements I've done to my sled.... and trust me I've done a lot.

Yes, they're $150 or somewhere close but well worth the money in my opinion. Hope this helps.

L
Nov 26, 2007
Grand Forks BC Canada
I made my own, UHMW, work really well, cost nothing.

UHMWBoard.jpg

T
Jun 27, 2008
Bend, Oregon
I'm using SLP boards, made by snow elimniator. They were roughly $125 through my local dealer, work great and the best price out there. They stiffed the gunwhales to which the 1M need.

S
Dec 8, 2007
Thanks for the recommendations. How are these to install? Do you cut out the old ones with a jig saw and rivet in the new boards or what?:face-icon-small-sho

Rixster

Premium Member
Oct 20, 2005
Springville, UT
Yep, you cut out the hole and rivet the snow eliminators on. I laid them on the boards and traced all the holes with a sharpie. Then I cut out one big hole instead of lots of small holes. The Cutler boards have cutouts for all the rivets on the boards that it covers up. The other brands that I have seen just cover them up so they don't fit down tight on to your boards.

snailbait

Lifetime Membership
Nov 24, 2008
Utah
I am with Seth on this one....Cutlers by far!. They also have better side support, and overall an excellent fit. If you want superior strength, you can also use aircraft rivets.

S
Dec 8, 2007
I checked the cutler site and the boards look great. the problem is they only list them for the king cat. Will these fit my moutain cat?

Rixster

Premium Member
Oct 20, 2005
Springville, UT
You will still get some snow buildup on them. But it cleans off real easy. If you want to help that, have them powder coated before you install them.
Or get the fastlane brand. The snow cant stick to plastic !

C
Oct 5, 2009
Vail, CO
In the process of installing Fastlane No Snos. Instead of rivets the company uses metal torx head bolts to attach to the running boards. They also come with "studs" or hex head screws to add more traction where you want it.

F
Aug 17, 2010
K-Town, BC
Got any close up pics?

How did the installation go and how were the torx head bolts? I dont know anyone with a pneumatic rivetting tool so this might be easier for me to get installed!

Premium Features