• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Ruffian release.

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
……..
Looks like $15k ready to ride.

No heated bars or electrical/headlight options.

It says curb weight 260lbs, is that ready to ride all day? Full spare fuel can etc?

Any ride video's?

I'd be curious to throw a leg over one!
The fuel can on the back is the only fuel tank. (Pump mounted in the MA can)

if you buy the kit and use a yz450fx motor you will have electrical output sufficient for lighting.

R
Sep 15, 2010
I think the yamaha motor having the intake on the front really helps keep this design compact. (The airbox is where a gas tank normally would be)

personally I end up riding through trees, brush, rocks and such A lot so spring shocks would be preferred. (For durability)

I have zero connection with Ruffian (opposite ends of the states) but it seems like a great progression of the snowbike sport.

I share the same view regarding the use of the Yamaha motor in terms of ease of fitment. It just really limits kit buyer's powerplant options. If this thing performs as good as it looks, I would think it'd allow them to progress the chassis to accommodate other engine options. At any rate, this is a GREAT thing for the sport to see!

A
Nov 14, 2017
For you guys who ordered one. Please keep us updated on your experience with the company as well as of course reviews of the bike!

I am very interested in this thing and I cant wait to hear more about them.

sledhappy

Premium Member
Nov 22, 2008
Looking great! Been following their progress over the years. To see the 450 finally come to be is awesome. Love the progression and thinking out of true box is what we need.
when will one of the big manufacturers buy them out?

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
……..
I see they raised the price. Now there $19k. Yet the owner has failed to reply to any question that have been asked.

I suppose calling them might give answers.

I’m wondering if they found out yamaha wouldn’t sell the motors separately and they are forced to buy complete bikes.

A
Nov 14, 2017
At 15k it is competitive with the price of a brand new dirt bike + track kit + accoutrements. At 19k it is now more expensive. So it had better be a LOT better of a ride to be worth the extra money.

needpowder

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2007
Utah
At 15k it is competitive with the price of a brand new dirt bike + track kit + accoutrements. At 19k it is now more expensive. So it had better be a LOT better of a ride to be worth the extra money.
Yep. 19 K. That’s a hard noI would much rather buy the chassis and find an engine to put in it myself. Good luck selling your $20,000 ruffian!( if you care what people who actually Snowbike 30-50 days a season think. If you don’t then you should try Facebook

needpowder

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2007
Utah
Yep. 19 K. That’s a hard noI would much rather buy the chassis and find an engine to put in it myself. Good luck selling your $20,000 ruffian!( if you care what people who actually Snowbike 30-50 days a season think. If you don’t then you should try Facebook
Don’t know. Maybe you were all over Facebook don’t have an account!

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Membership
Oct 5, 2010
……..
383B4BB7-49FE-4BC4-BA3E-95B9B72E3E3C.jpeg99233034-B1A3-4657-9093-089E3A6B3B8B.jpeg

That 129 freeride plus fit kit, intake, engine wrap, pegs, fork springs and valving. Is probably the closest you can get, but with an unchangeable geometry difference + 60-70 pound weight penalty.

I suppose the proof is in the pudding, if early adopters get the word out and they are all they are cracked up to be??????

They’re probably just pricing the turnkey so they can sell kits instead. ?
(Appears to be a small operation......)

If the guy isn’t able to monitor snowest hopefully that means he is just way too busy building and shipping kits and bikes to worry about it?

Premium Features