• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Rt to rev plastic.

T

Turbo11T

Nov 26, 2007
Lake Crystal, MN
Ok I should know the answer but can I put rev plastic on an rt? Maybe if I switch everything including the bottom pieces? What is the major differences with the two chassis besides the obvious?

Wheel House Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SW MT
NO WAY!

the bulkhead is stretched out about 2" longer on the RT then the REV. the panels come up way short if you try the swap. they have the same front and rear. just the middle ground is drawn out a ways.

T

Turbo11T

Nov 26, 2007
Lake Crystal, MN
NO WAY!

the bulkhead is stretched out about 2" longer on the RT then the REV. the panels come up way short if you try the swap. they have the same front and rear. just the middle ground is drawn out a ways.

So it can be done. . . LOL. If I move everything foward 2 in? I guess I will just have to get a panel and see how it fits. . . HMMMM Nick I have your attention yet. . .

Wheel House Motorsports

Lifetime Membership
Nov 27, 2007
SW MT
whatcha buildin on now? basically by the time your done with it, you would end up with a rev again. honestly. just start with a rev, its a little tighter, but it all fits;) then you dont have dog sh1t panels that shatter all the time and all the parts are easier to come by. and it doesnt look like a bloated pig....

i do miss mine tho:)

T

Turbo11T

Nov 26, 2007
Lake Crystal, MN
whatcha buildin on now? basically by the time your done with it, you would end up with a rev again. honestly. just start with a rev, its a little tighter, but it all fits;) then you dont have dog sh1t panels that shatter all the time and all the parts are easier to come by. and it doesnt look like a bloated pig....

i do miss mine tho:)

I have this chassis. I have some changes I want to make and honestly I know how tight the vector motor is in a rev chassis. I would rather not work with that limitation for mounting the engine. The RT will allow me more options.

I thinK i can move the footwells forward a couple or few inches and go with the rev plastic and also get more rider forward. You will see what I mean when the time is right to show you.

wwracer

Lifetime Membership
Dec 6, 2007
Island Park ID
I got these from mountain fit. They need massaging around the edges to get a tight fit, and you'll need to make attatchment points, but after two seasons with them I give them a big :thumb: They are made from TPO and stupid light, around 10 lbs and very durable. I beat the crap out of them going through the willow's and haven't cracked one yet. I paid a couple of hundred two seasons ago.... money well spent

rt panels 001.jpg RT project 002.jpg

T

Turbo11T

Nov 26, 2007
Lake Crystal, MN
Well guys here is a pic. See if I move the footwell forward 2 in I should be able to likely get the rev panels on will just need to make a different clutch guard and be somewhat creative on the chaincase side. I think it is very doable. Also planning to flip the footwells left to right and this will give xm like footholds. I will cut out the side panels to match. This has been the idea since I started this project plan should make the rev more rider forward and allow me to get 6 inches farther forward. And more perpendicular to the engine.

Last edited:
B

bwylde

Mar 19, 2011
Vancouver Island
You could always see if C3 has any Carbon Fiber conversion panels-what i'm running on mine-and they definitely have no problem taking a beating.

Premium Features