• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Rpm trails west

revrider07

Lifetime Membership
Feb 17, 2008
ND
So the owners of some of these older ones how are they hold up? Rust issue between joints?

meathooker

Lifetime Membership
Jan 4, 2008
Boise, ID
They rust new so I can only imagine they’re rusting more.

the owners of 2cool vents had one that was a few years old and the back half damn near fell off because it was rusting around the heated floor vents.
I bought one brand New Years ago and it had rust new from the factory. If you search my posts on here I did a pretty long review years ago.

TW are horrible. Check out Charmac if you want a nice steel trailer.

IDspud

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 26, 2007
Oakley, ID
I’ve owned six Charmac’s and they’re not at all exempt from rust. Fantastic trailers, but not at all exempt from rust.

Currently own a trails west and extremely happy with it though it’s not old enough to answer OP specifically.

Buddies running 14-15 tw aren’t showing any extreme rust issues.

B

Beavis

Dec 16, 2007
Utah
I have a 2013 20' RPM. It's been a good trailer. Getting just a little bit of rust around the side man door hinges and the rear door rain gutter that I need to fix asap but otherwise the frame is still looking good. I don't have the heated floor though. We have a ton of salt on our roads so I just always try to keep it sprayed off.

K
Sep 9, 2013
Bend, Oregon
I'm picking one up in a couple weeks. For you all with rust problems where do you live? Is it from salt? or just being steel framed? Oregon doesn't use salt on the roads ( except Portland now maybe ( if they get like 0.5" of snow its complete chaos LOL ) but I never go there )

TDR

Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Dec 19, 2012
I’ve got a 13 and it’s holding up pretty well. Need to repaint the hitch area but other than that only a few spots that need attention.

meathooker

Lifetime Membership
Jan 4, 2008
Boise, ID
I'm picking one up in a couple weeks. For you all with rust problems where do you live? Is it from salt? or just being steel framed? Oregon doesn't use salt on the roads ( except Portland now maybe ( if they get like 0.5" of snow its complete chaos LOL ) but I never go there )
As luck would have it I was cleaning up an old hard drive last week and found the pictures of my one week old trails west.

I’ll post them up in a few days when I have time

S
Dec 24, 2018
They rust new so I can only imagine they’re rusting more.

the owners of 2cool vents had one that was a few years old and the back half damn near fell off because it was rusting around the heated floor vents.
I bought one brand New Years ago and it had rust new from the factory. If you search my posts on here I did a pretty long review years ago.

TW are horrible. Check out Charmac if you want a nice steel trailer.
I disagree that charmac is a nice trailer! https://www.charmactrailerreviews.com/

CaptNCoke

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Edgewood, Wa
My buddy had all those same issues with his charmac, build quality was terrible.
after the axle came off, he was done with the trailer.
it was 1 season old .
I ordered a TW in 2019, hands down the best trailer I’ve ever owned.
It gets used a lot between sleds and sxs.
really impressed with how well its holding up, still looks damn near like new.

960E09E3-C8EB-4E82-9B9B-FAC88548B96A.jpeg 2D0459E5-86C9-4901-A3E6-C9D241E4022F.jpeg

Premium Features