• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Roof repair

Flatcat12

Lifetime Membership
Jan 1, 2013
I have a 2016 Lightening all aluminum enclosed trailer. The adhesive tape holding the roof skin to the rafters is letting loose. It ripples in a stiff wind. I'm sure it does it going down the road, too. I feel like I should stick it back down so it doesn't bend back and forth until the roof leaks. Any thoughts on what to use? I was hoping to shoot something in the gaps.

Thanks in advance for your advice.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Fosgate

Lifetime Membership
Mar 28, 2005
Rapid City, SD
If it’s actual “tape” use this stuff. https://www.google.com/aclk?sa=L&ai...iv_r2AhVRMH0KHW2TC8sQwg96BAgBEDI&dct=1&adurl=

Use a heat gun and putty knife to remove the old. I would use the caulk type as a last resort because trying to remove it in the future.

If you have the silicone mounding between the roof and edge panel you’ll want to have a trailer repair do it because they may have to unfasten the roof panel to get it to seal.

If you got a bunch of hail dents just turn in the claim and have insurance pay the bill to reskin and reseal the roof.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Premium Features