• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Rode out of Kapka today....

Adam12

Lifetime Membership
Apr 16, 2014
Sisters, OR
Pulled in to a very bare Kapka today wondering if it was going to be worth it. I decided to go for it. Opened the door to get out of the truck and big gust almost pushed it closed. Going to be an interesting day!!

Unloaded and skipped across the highway to ride the shoulder up to Dutchman. Less than a foot of compacted and red cinder coated was what I saw until getting up to Dutchman. From there I ripped down the road to Todd Lake and took that road up to Moon. Trails were still covered with only a couple blue-slushy/almost mud spots. Todd Lake Rd was pretty whooped but not the worst I've seen it. Once at Moon there was pretty decent coverage with a few bare spots and some rocks here and there. The snow was crusty and I could hear my skis breaking the crust. Very compact snow that I couldn't lean the sled over into at all. The makings of a great base!!

They're expecting 7-13" up there overnight . . . . might be a good day tomorrow or Sunday.

Premium Features