• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

RMSHA racing - newbie

M
Feb 21, 2016
Bend, Oregon
Looking to do a RMSHA event or two this winter.

After looking at the classes and rules some, I'm not sure what class would be a good fit. Ideally I'd like to run stock class but I have no stock machines other then a 128" IQR, so I'd be stuck running a 144" iqr 800 mod or boosted pro. Looking to get my feet wet and be competitive at the same time.

What are the most fun events? I'm in Oregon so everything is a decent haul.

ijstjohn

Lifetime Membership
Feb 28, 2008
North Idaho
Looking at the sleds you have listed to start I would try running the stock iqr in amateur stock and the mod iqr in the amateur improved and amateur modified to get the most seat time. All the courses are fun. My personal favorite besides Jackson is Afton. Challenging hill, can get pretty wild. The first race this year is a new venue but I'd say try and make that so it gives you an idea of what it's like that way if you like it you can hit more events.

sledhead_79

Lifetime Membership
Mar 2, 2009
Wyoming
128” & 144” will be a challenge. Some of the trenches on Bear Lake Climb look deep enough to swallow a 128” sled from YouTube videos. Keep in mind majority of racers don’t go smaller than 155 track. You’ll have the track speed, but not the traction on a 144”.

Boosted sleds are only allowed in the pro mod classes, unless rules have been changed.

Keep in mind RMSHA is hillclimbs on a course that usually only has 1 path unless it’s at a gate that has 3-4 paths due to trenching. It’s nothing like hillcross where the racers go up a course that’s been groomed.

If you do decide to try an event kudos to you!

You have to qualify for Jackson.

M
Feb 21, 2016
Bend, Oregon
Thanks for the reply's.

My plans have changed, no more snox for me this season, already have it for sale. I'll buying 800 axys, searching for an assault and will be kept stock for this.

I

inspector01

Mar 21, 2013
MN
I doubt its worth the haul from Oregon, but the Cor powersports/MESC events (in MN, WI, and MI) this spring are probably a good starting point as theyre obviously a lot smaller than RMSHA. I may even try one or two this spring just for the hell of it.

http://corpowersports.com/MESC/MESC3/

M
Feb 21, 2016
Bend, Oregon
If I travel to the midwest it'd be for snocross. If I lived there it'd be all I would do. Nothing out west other then drag racing, you'd think it'd be vice versa.

I have been actively looking for good deal on a axys, assaults are impossible to find so I'll probably end up with a standard model and throw some wider a arms on. Already have a 155" comp track and some kold kutters.

Premium Features