• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

RMK 850 Reliability

K

klarkkentster

Apr 22, 2020
Bremerton, WA
Greetings- curious if all those that have either an engine replaced or rebuilt in a 19 or 20 - how has your sled performed once you got it back? If you had issues - what were they?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Killer Time Racing

Lifetime Membership
Feb 12, 2008
Lower Michigan
Bought a used 19 SKS 850 last week. 886 miles. Had intake bolts missing so I asked what was up.
They replaced the pistons for lack of power after diagnosing it as low compression from scored pistons.
( No hone, cylinder replacement, crank runout tested. Just put slugs in!)

I rode it 13 miles before the crank locked up.!!!

I've owned 4 850s and never have had one issue. So kinda isolated issue at least I hope.

K

klarkkentster

Apr 22, 2020
Bremerton, WA
Bought a used 19 SKS 850 last week. 886 miles. Had intake bolts missing so I asked what was up.
They replaced the pistons for lack of power after diagnosing it as low compression from scored pistons.
( No hone, cylinder replacement, crank runout tested. Just put slugs in!)

I rode it 13 miles before the crank locked up.!!!

I've owned 4 850s and never have had one issue. So kinda isolated issue at least I hope.
Ugg - sorry dude. Any chance they will warranty it?

Killer Time Racing

Lifetime Membership
Feb 12, 2008
Lower Michigan
Definitely warranty or they can take it back.
I already talked to Polaris and Rep had to run me through my list and try to pin point the unit in question. I've snow checked since 2011. Not much doubt I'll get a 20 short block.

K

klarkkentster

Apr 22, 2020
Bremerton, WA
Definitely warranty or they can take it back.
I already talked to Polaris and Rep had to run me through my list and try to pin point the unit in question. I've snow checked since 2011. Not much doubt I'll get a 20 short block.
Thats what they are doing to mine + Injectors. Really hope after this she runs strong for many many miles

Madtown

Premium Member
Nov 8, 2008
Madison,WI
Friend has gone through 2 engine in his 19 850. First let go end of last season. Replacement engine let go after 2 weeks of riding this season. He may switch to a turbo Doo if Polaris cant get a engine ASAP. Have two others in riding group 19/20 & so far okay besides flooding on really cold morning.

K

klarkkentster

Apr 22, 2020
Bremerton, WA
Friend has gone through 2 engine in his 19 850. First let go end of last season. Replacement engine let go after 2 weeks of riding this season. He may switch to a turbo Doo if Polaris cant get a engine ASAP. Have two others in riding group 19/20 & so far okay besides flooding on really cold morning.

I wonder what the date is of engine builds where they fixed some of the 19’ issues. When I get mine back. I plan to look up the build date and part number and make it’s the latest. Quick research shows that 19 and 20 short blocks superseded to a new updated part number. Fingers crossed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Premium Features