• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Ripper kit on 125?

tomk

Lifetime Membership
Oct 16, 2008
I built my first kit for a 01 CR125 and it was a blast around the yard. That was what got me in to snowbikes!

wwillf01

Lifetime Membership
Aug 12, 2012
Heber Ut
You should be able to run a regular 120 kit on that bike if your light enough and burn through some pistons ..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

T
It's a 2020 4 stroke 125 crf for my daughter. The ripper kit is made for the 110 and it sounds like the 125 will not line up with the kit. Might have to do some serious mods. I am a sled guy and not 100 percent sure on this project. Any info is greatly appreciated. As far as a regular kit she is small for her age and wanted to try and stick with the smaller one.

C3 PowerSports

Lifetime Membership
Jan 27, 2010
Sicamous B.C
www.c3powersports.com
I use CRF150R last year for my daughter and it was a blast. We rode 15 days on that and by the end of the year she moved up to a 450 for the last 3 rides when she had the confidence. How tall is your daughter, mine was 5'2" about 100 lb. I USED A YETI 120 SS KIT that's only 10 in wide and it was perfect for that bike plus she could go everywhere with me in the mountains once she had the confidence. Now she's 5'4 and 110 lb and can even lift the CRF 450 that she's riding when it's tipped over in the snow

T
I use CRF150R last year for my daughter and it was a blast. We rode 15 days on that and by the end of the year she moved up to a 450 for the last 3 rides when she had the confidence. How tall is your daughter, mine was 5'2" about 100 lb. I USED A YETI 120 SS KIT that's only 10 in wide and it was perfect for that bike plus she could go everywhere with me in the mountains once she had the confidence. Now she's 5'4 and 110 lb and can even lift the CRF 450 that she's riding when it's tipped over in the snow
She is only like 4'8" maybe 80 pounds. Not going to be any crazy riding. Mostly for backcountry skiing access. Just not sure what that bike will turn. Don't want to drop 9k on a sled that will just be to big for her. And she loves riding her bike.

wwillf01

Lifetime Membership
Aug 12, 2012
Heber Ut
That bike has about 9hp so it will move on a road. But if she is comfortable on a Dirtbike she should be fine on a full size because they sucks so much power out there really is no whiskey throttle… I started my son at that weight on a 2 stroke 250… at 10 he is 14 and still riding it … I think for the trouble your better off getting an older full size bike already set up with a short track.

T
That bike has about 9hp so it will move on a road. But if she is comfortable on a Dirtbike she should be fine on a full size because they sucks so much power out there really is no whiskey throttle… I started my son at that weight on a 2 stroke 250… at 10 he is 14 and still riding it … I think for the trouble your better off getting an older full size bike already set up with a short track.

That's kind of what I am starting to think..so I may just get her back on a sled. Thanks for all the input???

A
Jun 23, 2004
Black Diamond, WA
She is only like 4'8" maybe 80 pounds. Not going to be any crazy riding. Mostly for backcountry skiing access. Just not sure what that bike will turn. Don't want to drop 9k on a sled that will just be to big for her. And she loves riding her bike.
Trying to figure out how you use a bike for back country skiing access?

needpowder

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2007
Utah
It’s actually easier on a bike I think then on the sled to ride in ski boots.Definitely not easy but possible.

T
Jan 26, 2019
Pemberton BC
It’s actually easier on a bike I think then on the sled to ride in ski boots.Definitely not easy but possible.
I don't know, pretty easy on a sled. Just can be slick on the running boards. On a bike the pegs are tiny compared to running boards to grip and like I said shifting will be next to impossible.
I have 100's of hours on a sled with ski boots, wouldn't even attempt the bike. I find it hard enough to shift in snowboard boots with my big feet and those are my go to boots for sledding.

Premium Features