• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Riot x spindle

0neoldfart

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Thorsby, Alberta
Tie rods are just M10 heim joints with M10x1.25 LH thread, ordered them from Motion Canada. Bolts were Grade 8 bolts with nyloc nuts - should be able to get it all through Fastenal or nut & bolt supply store

SoDakCat

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Stickney SD
Tie rods are just M10 heim joints with M10x1.25 LH thread, ordered them from Motion Canada. Bolts were Grade 8 bolts with nyloc nuts - should be able to get it all through Fastenal or nut & bolt supply store
Thanks for the info.
How did you get the riot spindles in black? Do you remember the part number you ordered on them.
Could the tie rod have cleared with some minor clearencing on the spindle or was it hitting a lot?

Stack

Staff member
Lifetime Membership
Premium Member
Nov 29, 2007
Midwest
Thanks for the info.
How did you get the riot spindles in black? Do you remember the part number you ordered on them.
Could the tie rod have cleared with some minor clearencing on the spindle or was it hitting a lot?

On the Yamahas they are black, I know the 2020 Viper has the black ones

0neoldfart

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Thorsby, Alberta
I think they are from the ZR. As far as clearance there is no way for them to keep the 36” stance with OEM a-arms, as the caster angle is the same. The spacer is almost 1” tall to clear the a-arms at full extension (skis off the ground), or the rods drag on the lower a-arm. If you have an earlier (pre 2016) front end, you’d need different upper a-arms, as they use a 2016 upper mount with the triangle locking nut with stud as opposed to a ball joint

F

Fredrik

Nov 29, 2007
Bumping this thread anyone tried trail/sx sled spindle with custom 36" upper a-arms or 38" upper and lower a-arms
looking for a setup with less caster than mountain geometry,the heavy steering is hurting my shoulders.

boondocker97

Lifetime Membership
Oct 30, 2008
Billings MT
Bumping this thread anyone tried trail/sx sled spindle with custom 36" upper a-arms or 38" upper and lower a-arms
looking for a setup with less caster than mountain geometry,the heavy steering is hurting my shoulders.

Jason Nethercott runs this 36 setup with custom upper arms. Kit is coming from the aftermarket.

F

Fredrik

Nov 29, 2007
Yeah i spoke to tki upper arms are in the works,i did run my twin rail 2019 with dropped rear suspension and higher slp
saddles +40mm it takes away the front heavy feel dont have to use so much trottle to get sled to feel light but it doesnt steer lighter,
what i really liked with dropped suspension is the lift from standing still it goes up and forward not forward then up like stock,
what im cautious of if the reduced camber angle will do on sidehill stabilty i can give away some but dont want to make it ride like a doo.

Premium Features