• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Riot Video

CATSLEDMAN1

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Missoula, Montana
must be timbersled OWNED RIOTS !! The fatigue cracks in my shock mounts leads me to believe I'll only launch drops on a dealer owned RIOT...........oh and the long arm bashing into the cross bars without the taller rubber bumpers that I had to buy because TS doesn't know anything about that issue and with stock shock springs ? I don't thing so, make sure you don't buy one of those demo's in the promo !

must be timbersled OWNED RIOTS !! The fatigue cracks in my shock mounts leads me to believe I'll only launch drops on a dealer owned RIOT...........oh and the long arm bashing into the cross bars without the taller rubber bumpers that I had to buy because TS doesn't know anything about that issue and with stock shock springs ? I don't thing so, make sure you don't buy one of those demo's in the promo !

Man, that stinks that you're having issues. Mine has been solid and I haven't exactly taken it easy on it. Lots of sideways and off camber landings but no damage or cracked paint on the shock mount.

Excalibur

Lifetime Membership
Jan 28, 2011
Lewiston, ID
Nice riding! What have you changed in riding style and how does the RIOT perform compared to the 18/19 120ARO. I have 2 of the 18 120s and one 19 Yeti SS129.
What to try next....?

Thank you
CR

Nice riding! What have you changed in riding style and how does the RIOT perform compared to the 18/19 120ARO. I have 2 of the 18 120s and one 19 Yeti SS129.
What to try next....?

Thank you
CR

Body positioning and movements, I'm much more active on the riot and it takes a lot more muscle and energy than what I've been used to. Also you have to learn when to hammer on the throttle and when not to.

I've noticed my legs being all over the place and being used to balance more - working on cleaning that up a bit!

CATSLEDMAN1

Premium Member
Nov 27, 2007
Missoula, Montana
Man, that stinks that you're having issues. Mine has been solid and I haven't exactly taken it easy on it. Lots of sideways and off camber landings but no damage or cracked paint on the shock mount.

Mostly I have been working to improve the RIOT/KTM combo, and I have. The details like the fatigue cracks, I see it, I fixed it, I see that it is the result of the factory over tighening the bottom shock bolt while the upper and lower shock perch's are not perfectly aligned , and with no heim joint in the shock eye or some other movement possible when you bottom out the shock tweaks the perch over slightly.

Worked good out of the box, works a whole lot better now with:
round wheels
stiffer shock springs
more rebound dampening in the rear shock
narrower upper idler wheels
no hard wearing plastic wear points on the chain
no vibrating round wheel in the chain case
better gearing
anti track spear rail caps
higher quality less drag o ring chains
moved forward mounting location

still needs: drivers moved 3/16 to the right
a three ( 3 " ) 120 track
an 80 hp two stroke bike

I'll move the driver when I get bored.
The 80 hp bike ? God might not grant me that.

Premium Features