• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Riot Spindle Kit

boondocker97

Lifetime Membership
Oct 30, 2008
Billings MT
A bolt on solution for those wanting to run the taller OEM Riot/SX spindles is finally here: https://tkicnc.com/product/tki-upper-a-arms-for-arctic-cat-2018-2022/

Developed by Jason Nethercott and Garth Kaufman (former wrench for Tucker Hibbert and RMSHA racer).

Looks like arms are available if you want to source your own spindles or can add blue or grey spindles. Guessing availability is dictating color choices right now.

gp800

Premium Member
Sep 25, 2017
This kit puts you back to 12-15 geometry just taller spindles. It works well for guys that like to "drive" a sled, they turn great but will have more ski pressure than you will be used to. I also don't feel like this spindle is as happy on edge as the 16+ geometry.

Last edited:

mountain_tamer

Lifetime Membership
Nov 26, 2007
Rimbey, Alberta
This kit puts you back to 12-15 geometry just taller spindles. It works well for guys that like to "drive" a sled, they turn great but will have more ski pressure than you will be used to. I also don't feel like this spindle is as happy on edge as the 16+ geometry.
It is not the same geometry as the 12-15 sleds. It is sort of in between the two I would say.

gp800

Premium Member
Sep 25, 2017
It is not the same geometry as the 12-15 sleds. It is sort of in between the two I would say.
The spindle geometry is the same but taller. The caster could be slightly different based on the position of the ball joint but everything I’ve been told says it’s closer to proclimb. Which I don’t believe it’s a bad thing I prefer it in certain situations and use it on my race sled but looking at the spindle on the sled it’s visibly more stood up than 16+2EFBA7AD-3749-4F96-97C7-F1FED00A83B6.jpegD66DC59A-43C8-4953-B3AF-8FE8ACB378BD.jpeg

Last edited:

Chewy22

Lifetime Membership
Oct 17, 2009
Montana
The spindle geometry is the same but taller. The caster could be slightly different based on the position of the ball joint but everything I’ve been told says it’s closer to proclimb. Which I don’t believe it’s a bad thing I prefer it in certain situations and use it on my race sled but looking at the spindle on the sled it’s visibly more stood up than 16+View attachment 377665View attachment 377666

Seems like you’re making assumptions and have not actually tested this kit? Running the spindle with factory geometry upper arms is not comparable. ?

gp800

Premium Member
Sep 25, 2017
Seems like you’re making assumptions and have not actually tested this kit? Running the spindle with factory geometry upper arms is not comparable. ?
The only difference between what I have and what the kit is Is my sled is 38'' wide. I don't mean to come off as saying this kit is not good in fact feel there are situations where this setup is superior. I just want people to understand what the riot spindle is.

sno*jet

Premium Member
Dec 13, 2007
Im confused, but in my mind gp800's comment on the caster angle and handling sound about right. more precise steering, less forgiving in sidehilling/countersteering scenarios. hillclimb racers dont run light playful front ends.

Premium Features