• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Riot s and aro s??

dooman92

Lifetime Membership
Mar 1, 2010
Another lower is better opinion. Maybe an age thing, but throwing a leg over it gets harder with age and is what pushed me to lower all my kits as far as possible. Additionally, getting my feet on the ground reduces flop overs substantially. I've had four different kits/bike setups and have lowered all as much as possible. All solid struts so no experience with tss. I think it was a ts kit that I shorten/cut the strut rod about 3/8" to get lowest ride possible. Mototrax and yeti both kits solid strut at max short length. I started each at max height I could tolerate and then lowered and evaluated for negatives of shorter. I left all as low as strut would allow and didn't notice any negative. I would lower more but starting to impede spare fuel access. Fwiw.

N
Mar 13, 2020
Thank you for all the replys. Pretty much made up my mind on the Riot S. Still somewhat undecided on fixed or tss. Can anyone tell me if the only difference between the 2 install kits is the fixed strut and the shock itself. Meaning if I went fixed and decided at a later date I want to try the tss is the only part I would need the shock.

Thank you for all the replys. Pretty much made up my mind on the Riot S. Still somewhat undecided on fixed or tss. Can anyone tell me if the only difference between the 2 install kits is the fixed strut and the shock itself. Meaning if I went fixed and decided at a later date I want to try the tss is the only part I would need the shock.
You are correct, the only thing different between the fit kits is the strut/tss. So you can swap back and forth easily.
Most of my riot buddies have gone to a fixed strut after riding mine. It all depends on riding style though, I know some still prefer tss.

Premium Features