• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

Riot long track conversion

E
Dec 19, 2007
I really didn't want to do this because it kind of defeats the purpose of a riot but I had all the parts in the shop laying around and a slow week with work. it only took a couple of hours. I was using this as a test to see if a long track can still be nimble and fun. I have a four stroke 450 with reverse from an KFX ATV and I never ride it because it's not Nimble and fun. the end result is pretty impressive compromise as long as I don't run too much air in the rear shock it still feels like a regular riot with just a slight bit more longtrack push in the really tight corners. I still recommend if you only have one snowbike it should be a short track but I have three so this will get put on my 4-stroke and I am going to buy another Riot short track for my two stroke.

IMG_20200304_170651903_HDR.jpg

E
Dec 19, 2007
if you want to build your own version these rails came off of a late 90s Summit 136. the newer Summit rails have more ovals punched in them so pay attention if you buy them on eBay they need to look like the ones I have most of the other rails don't have enough real estate left for custom drilled holes. you can see the rear hole on the front shock caddy is in one of the ovals but it has enough metal behind it for a tight clamping surface.

my stock rear shock turned out to be broken because they overfilled the oil at the Factory I had a bunch of air shocks laying around that were the same length and fit perfect . one of my original complaints about the riot was it seemed to bottom out easily which turned out to be caused by my overfilled rear shock would use all its travel and stopped about an inch early which obviously doesn't feel good on your spine.

M
Jan 14, 2004
I really thought TS might offer this as a factory option because as we all know the EZ-Ryde was a great powder skid. It would have been simple for them to do it, sometimes I wonder WTF they are thinking. I would have likely bought one.

E
Dec 19, 2007
I forgot to mention with the summit rails you need to chop off the tall triangle and make a flat spot for the bumper.

Fwd55

Lifetime Membership
Oct 16, 2015
Laval , Qc , Canada
I really didn't want to do this because it kind of defeats the purpose of a riot but I had all the parts in the shop laying around and a slow week with work. it only took a couple of hours. I was using this as a test to see if a long track can still be nimble and fun. I have a four stroke 450 with reverse from an KFX ATV and I never ride it because it's not Nimble and fun. the end result is pretty impressive compromise as long as I don't run too much air in the rear shock it still feels like a regular riot with just a slight bit more longtrack push in the really tight corners. I still recommend if you only have one snowbike it should be a short track but I have three so this will get put on my 4-stroke and I am going to buy another Riot short track for my two stroke.
nice , is that a 137 yeti track ?

wwillf01

Lifetime Membership
Aug 12, 2012
Heber Ut
I really thought TS might offer this as a factory option because as we all know the EZ-Ryde was a great powder skid. It would have been simple for them to do it, sometimes I wonder WTF they are thinking. I would have likely bought one.
I would think like the raw they are trying to get through old parts maybe they have stocked.

Sent from my SM-F900U using Tapatalk

Hawkster

Lifetime Membership
Apr 22, 2010
AK
I would think like the raw they are trying to get through old parts maybe they have stocked.

Kind of like how they took care of their Victory rides .
When these guys no longer see a profit remaining inventory has nothing to do with it .
Something behind closed doors , that E-Z-Ryde skid design will abuse their old absolute fancy shocked skid all day long no matter in the deep , ditches or going straight up .
Nice job at grabbing the bull by the horns on your skid , could always turn the rails up to give it a smaller foot print on the hard pack :)

Premium Features