• Don't miss out on all the fun! Register on our forums to post and have added features! Membership levels include a FREE membership tier.

riot feedback le vs standard with or without tss

Jan 4, 2017
have not heard much about what is working better on the new riot are the adjustable shocks worth the extra money what about the tss strut waited a year before purchasing I am a motocross guy and currently have the aro with tss and its night and day better than the camso kit witch had 0 weight transfer getting the ski light and in the air is the missing piece of the puzzle for my type play riding

needpowder

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2007
Utah
I have not ridden a non-LE riot. My experience with the clickers however though… I use them a lot and can’t imagine not having them. I adjust many times each ride. I wish I had a handlebar switch, but it only takes a second to find neutral, hop off the bike and make the switch. There have been a few super deep days where I left the clickers in one position (climb/float). Most days however I switch back-and-forth at least a few times. Steep down hills are way more fun in wheelie mode or 1/2 wheelie mode—can throttle and pop off rolls way better and can bring the nose up to get right over rocks and pillows. There are also uphills that I would not make without being in climb mode. I am sure there is a set up on the non-LE that would work pretty well in all conditions. Sounds like Eric has his figured out pretty well but his bike is definitely a bit unique. As far as TSS goes… I will be reporting back shortly. Just got my x tuned TSS back yesterday and installed it last night. Have a little over 20 hours on the kit with the solid strut. Kit is definitely good with the solid strut but I had a TSS sitting around so…

E
Dec 19, 2007
If the rear clicker lockout was on the bars the LE would be a no brainer but they're not. My base model is working great and I feel it's mostly due to proper preload because that's all the adjustment I have and it makes a bigger difference than damping adjustments. Also it's easy to turn the rear coil adjuster on the mountain but I rarely need too.
The tss will probably be a better place to spend your money than clickers. Especially for big air in spring snow. Just make sure you keep it stiff in the pow if you want float.
The trio is not necessary on a riot.

needpowder

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2007
Utah
Agree 100% about the trio. I was running .62 fork springs but I destroyed those forks and I’m running a different set that came with stock springs. Added Air and i am loving them!

I have not ridden a non-LE riot. My experience with the clickers however though… I use them a lot and can’t imagine not having them. I adjust many times each ride. I wish I had a handlebar switch, but it only takes a second to find neutral, hop off the bike and make the switch. There have been a few super deep days where I left the clickers in one position (climb/float). Most days however I switch back-and-forth at least a few times. Steep down hills are way more fun in wheelie mode or 1/2 wheelie mode—can throttle and pop off rolls way better and can bring the nose up to get right over rocks and pillows. There are also uphills that I would not make without being in climb mode. I am sure there is a set up on the non-LE that would work pretty well in all conditions. Sounds like Eric has his figured out pretty well but his bike is definitely a bit unique. As far as TSS goes… I will be reporting back shortly. Just got my x tuned TSS back yesterday and installed it last night. Have a little over 20 hours on the kit with the solid strut. Kit is definitely good with the solid strut but I had a TSS sitting around so…

This is spot on with my findings. The LE is necessary for me to enjoy the "riot" mode that we're all after as well as the deep snow performance.

needpowder

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2007
Utah
This is spot on with my findings. The LE is necessary for me to enjoy the "riot" mode that we're all after as well as the deep snow performance.

Teal, you were absolutely right about body positioning in the trenching thread. Great information thank you!
Stand up and lean back for the whoops and you can skim those things like Mookie!
I have also been standing up and getting as far forward as I can when i start trenching going uphill and it often climbs back on top.

needpowder

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2007
Utah
Rode yesterday afternoon with the TSS X tune installed. Loved it. We got about 8 to 10 inches of medium density snow yesterday so conditions were great for snowbiking. Soft but still able to climb. The kind of day where you ride around really fast! Started at 300 pounds of air. Sitting through the whoops onthe road still a bit harsh but slightly better. The biggest improvement I noticed was not bottoming on certain G-outs where I bottomed every time without the TSS.
I dropped the air pressure to 250 and it still kept me from bottoming out and felt a little bit softer. Have some testing left to do but so far I am stoked.

Jan 4, 2017
I was pretty sure I would go with the clicker shocks but not sure about tss but am more convinced I would want tss also what do you guys think about aro vs riot sounds like the riot is the answer I am looking for from the very 1st time I rode a snowbike I wanted a light front end or weelie capable

needpowder

Lifetime Membership
Dec 4, 2007
Utah
Three rides now with TSS X tune. Cannot see any downside. Seems more plush everywhere. Rode around yesterday with my rear track shock in the all the way stiffest clicker position. Normally this would be annoyingly harsh, but with the TSS it is much better than it used to be. Very pleased. I am 165 without gear and ended up/currently at about 230 pounds of air on the TSS.
Edit: Conditions yesterday we’re still fairly good. Very climbable but still soft enough to hit wind drifts and trench and get stuck. Lots of steep little climbs hence the stiffest rear shock position. Riding fast without stopping. Downhill steep then uphill steep/climbing out of gullies so no time to mess with the clicker. Definitely would have been stuck a few times in anything but the stiffest rear track shock setting.

Last edited:
H
Oct 10, 2019
Teal, you were absolutely right about body positioning in the trenching thread. Great information thank you!
Stand up and lean back for the whoops and you can skim those things like Mookie!
I have also been standing up and getting as far forward as I can when i start trenching going uphill and it often climbs back on top.

Link to trenching thread? Please and thanks!

Premium Features